OUCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, for the misinformation. During summer scholars I always heard about pre-matric, so I thought that was when everyone started. I guess the school year officially begins in July during anatomy immersion. Will anyone else be participating in pre-matric?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone recently received an interview from OUCOM? I'm still waiting and I'm getting anxious...

thats what i was wondering too...i havent heard anything either

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone recently received an interview from OUCOM? I'm still waiting and I'm getting anxious...

same here. one of the last schools to hear back from still. i'd REALLY like to go on an interview. anyone know when they interview until? i feel like time is running out now.

:(

I called today and while the admissions lady was very nice and supportive, she really didn't have any words of wisdom to impart. There were just the same generic comments about "interviewing until the middle of April blah blah blah". I did ask her, though, about how much time they give students before the interview. She said if I was out of state, I should expect about a month between notification of an interview and the actual interview. In state.... she said it could be as close as a week. So any out-of-staters, if you haven't heard from them by mid-March, that might be it. And us in-staters: guess we have until around April 10th or so... I really would like a shot at this school; the only thing keeping me from going completely insane is that I have other admissions offers.

Another possibility: all our letters got lost in the mail?

Concerning the previous post and mail getting lost. I recently called in and the lady from admissions told me that there is a place across the street from them that often receives their mail. She told me that none of my letters were received but that I could have my writers e-mail her and she would pass that as acceptable. Ultimately I didn't end up doing it, but just a heads up to the people that haven't heard anything thus far! :eek:

I called today and while the admissions lady was very nice and supportive, she really didn't have any words of wisdom to impart. There were just the same generic comments about "interviewing until the middle of April blah blah blah". I did ask her, though, about how much time they give students before the interview. She said if I was out of state, I should expect about a month between notification of an interview and the actual interview. In state.... she said it could be as close as a week. So any out-of-staters, if you haven't heard from them by mid-March, that might be it. And us in-staters: guess we have until around April 10th or so... I really would like a shot at this school; the only thing keeping me from going completely insane is that I have other admissions offers.

Another possibility: all our letters got lost in the mail?

I'm OOS and was complete the first week of Dec. I received an interview invite on 1/5 and my interview was scheduled for 1/16 (also accepted on 1/16), so the month notification for OOS is not always the case. I wouldn't lose hope until you know for sure that they are not conducting anymore interviews. When I interviewed Dr. Schriner said that the class was about 2/3 full, but I don't know if that referred to those who have already turned in their deposit or those they have extended acceptances to. Best of luck to everyone in this unpredictable application process!

I'm OOS and was complete the first week of Dec. I received an interview invite on 1/5 and my interview was scheduled for 1/16 (also accepted on 1/16), so the month notification for OOS is not always the case. I wouldn't lose hope until you know for sure that they are not conducting anymore interviews. When I interviewed Dr. Schriner said that the class was about 2/3 full, but I don't know if that referred to those who have already turned in their deposit or those they have extended acceptances to. Best of luck to everyone in this unpredictable application process!

i am borderline angry at how easy the process was for you. i'd love a chance at OU (in state) and have good scores/credentials and havent heard a peep from them. and my application was done in like october?!?

edit: i see that you went to their summers scholars program a few years back. it all makes sense. sigh.

Last edited:
I interviewed on the 27th, and just received my acceptance email.

I will definitely be going here next year, I absolutely love it.

congrats! did you interview feb. 27? when did they invite you for an interview and are you IS or OOS? I'm still waiting to hear from them and I would love to get an interview there.

congrats! did you interview feb. 27? when did they invite you for an interview and are you IS or OOS? I'm still waiting to hear from them and I would love to get an interview there.

They invited me in late January and I interviewed on the 27th of February. I'm also instate. I absolutely loved it and will definitely be going next fall. Good Luck, I hope you get an interview.

keep the faith sailorgal...i am a very late applicant...decided to explore other options after a year of podiatry school at TUSPM...can't believe i didn't apply to OU to begin with...as far as i know they are still interviewing so we'll see...

Members don't see this ad :)
I love the encouragement of SDN! thank you friend...in the words of George Michael, we just gotta have faith faith faith!

Big day tomorrow for us March 20th interviewees - anxiously anticipating the morning e-mail regarding my future at OUCOM. :xf:

OU continues to show me only in-state hate. Why o why, OU? what have I done to offend? Why have you given me the silent treatment since October? I have the test scores and the GPA and I'm a quick drive away! We could talk about what I did to deserve such passive rejection on your part, and maybe you could see that I'm not all bad...

But really, is anyone else having this issue? Admissions just tells me to wait it out. Do you know if they are done scheduling interviews?

OU continues to show me only in-state hate. Why o why, OU? what have I done to offend? Why have you given me the silent treatment since October? I have the test scores and the GPA and I'm a quick drive away! We could talk about what I did to deserve such passive rejection on your part, and maybe you could see that I'm not all bad...

But really, is anyone else having this issue? Admissions just tells me to wait it out. Do you know if they are done scheduling interviews?

OUCOM is apparently still doing a few interviews here and there. But, their class is mostly full. We definitely feel your in-state hate! I PMed you with more details!

i am borderline angry at how easy the process was for you. i'd love a chance at OU (in state) and have good scores/credentials and havent heard a peep from them. and my application was done in like october?!?

edit: i see that you went to their summers scholars program a few years back. it all makes sense. sigh.

I was recently accepted to my state school, so I have withdrawn my acceptance at OUCOM. This was a difficult decision, as I absolutely love everything about the school. Best of luck to everyone!

how many people does OU accept for their class?

Hey guys,
I have recently been accepted to both OUCOM and Lake Erie COM in Erie, PA. I am trying to make my decision and need a little help! Anyone have an opinion on which is the better of the two schools?

Just put on waitlist at OUCOM. What is my possibility of being accepted?

On wait list wondering if anyone knows how many people normal is accepted off of the wait list here

Hey guys,
I have recently been accepted to both OUCOM and Lake Erie COM in Erie, PA. I am trying to make my decision and need a little help! Anyone have an opinion on which is the better of the two schools?

I am a current OUCOM student and was in this same dilemma last year. I HIGHLY recommend OUCOM. I was not impressed with LECOM Erie during my interview. They seemed very disorganized and not up to date on technology--which I've learned is really impt during medical school! Best of luck!

Has OU's wait list started to move yet? What is the the chances of getting accepted off of it?

im not really sure about the wait list, although i do know that several ppl from my current class were accepted off the wait list. one actually even after school started (during the first week.)

hope you get in!

I got off the waitlist today. I know it is hard being on ice, but I was just letting everyone know that they are making calls.

I got off the waitlist today. I know it is hard being on ice, but I was just letting everyone know that they are making calls.

That's great news! Did you accept?

I'm glad to hear that there is movement....I'm still crossing my fingers:xf:

Dr. Schriner called me this morning and pulled me off the waitlist!
OUCOM Class of 2013 here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

OU just called I'm a OUCOM 2013 class. Pulled from the waitlist.

Congrats to you all!! Hopefully I will get a call sometime soon...wish me luck! :xf:

I know that this thread has been dead for awhile, but I just got in off the waitlist at OU. I know how frustrating it is waiting for those of you still hoping to get in, but don't give up hope it is still moving. Best of luck to those of you still waiting!

YAY!!!! Congrats!
I wish this thread was more alive!! Most of the other schools have like 15 pages!

Thanks! Yeah I agree... some of the other threads I have followed for schools I am waitlisted/accepted to have info on places to live and facebook groups. I'm not feeling that kind of love from this one haha.

OU-COM Class of 2013 has a facebook group! Over 70 strong! Join us :)

Search "OU-COM class of 2013" -- people are posting apartment, misc. stuff on the Facebook discussions boards....way more active there.

anyone applying this summer to OU? I just visited the campus and loved it.
lets see some future class of 2014 represent

Hey premedinohio,

I was thinking of visiting OUCOM also, but I noticed the website said they recommend you have an interview before scheduling an interview. Did they mention anything about this when you scheduled your visit? How did you like your visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.