OUCOM questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poormansDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the MCAT/gpa cutoffs to receive secondary from OUCOM, how important is it to get a letter from a DO, do i have a chance with a 3.43 science, 3.39 overall and a 23MCAT, out of people who have been accepted so far how many of you guys are out-of-state?

Members don't see this ad.

im in-state. my stats are just about the same as yours; 26 mcat. accepted on 10/20. best of luck:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
i've heard that OU looks at in-state first then switches over to out-of-state applications. Not sure when that happens.

My mcat was also a 26 - gpa 3.1overall/3.6sci

Hey everyone, I had about what you had: 22Q, 3.65 overall, applied as a Tennessee resident. I got in and somehow I'm class president as well. OU does prefer in state and that is the name of the game, but one of my friends is from California. Take that as you will and best of luck with apps and interviews... I certainly don't miss it.

lets say i get into OUCOM and attend it and do a primary care residency in one of the CORE hospitals, according to the out of state contract that i read on their website it uses the word can when it says each year of primary care residency can subsitute for 1.5 years off the contract. i want to know is it guaranteed that three years of primary care residency in one of the CORE hospitals suffices for the 5 year out of state contract or are there other conditions that need to be met?

lets say i get into OUCOM and attend it and do a primary care residency in one of the CORE hospitals, according to the out of state contract that i read on their website it uses the word can when it says each year of primary care residency can subsitute for 1.5 years off the contract. i want to know is it guaranteed that three years of primary care residency in one of the CORE hospitals suffices for the 5 year out of state contract or are there other conditions that need to be met?

How about this? I'll just go and talk with admissions and ask them what the terms of the contract are, specifically. I will then post my findings in the pre-Osteo forum. :D

How about this? I'll just go and talk with admissions and ask them what the terms of the contract are, specifically. I will then post my findings in the pre-Osteo forum. :D

thanx a lot, i need to be sure about that, do you know how important it is to get a letter of rec from a DO and did u give a letter of rec from a DO?

I got accepted in late october with a 26 and a 3.4 but i was in state. Your chances out of state are definitely less. they take 90% in state. Hope this helps, good luck!