Out of curiousity... (MCAT/SAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesstalkmorock

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how big the SAT/MCAT score correlation is.
If you've taken both, and you don't mind sharing your scores, please post them.
Don't be shy! :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

you first..... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ahhh

Thank you very much. My thread search skills are humbled

Alright you hosers, read 'em and weep: 1600, 45T

Well my SAT wasn't very good (1480), but I brought it up on my MCAT (43S).

This thread is getting ridiculous. Common sense dictates that for the most part, people that score high on one standardized test will be able to score high on other standardized tests. It's kind of like asking:

What is your income and how much is your house worth? You make $1 million a year and your house is worth over $1 million? That's incredible! Or, you make $20,000 a year and you don't own a house? That's unexpected too. :scared:

Pinkertinkle said:
Wow, everyone who posted had like 1500, 35

Everydody who posts their stats says 35+. That's funny because the vast majority don't score that high. :rolleyes: I wonder if people are lying, or if the lower end just doesn't post.

As for myself, I didn't take the SAT, but I took the ACT. Here it is:

ACT: 30, MCAT 32P --->darn proud of them both (even if it's not a 45T).

I really don't think that it matters much. To everybody reading this thread.....don't feel intimidated if you didn't get a 39 on the MCAT. Med school's gonna be a whole new ballgame.

ad_sharp said:
Everydody who posts their stats says 35+. That's funny because the vast majority don't score that high. :rolleyes: I wonder if people are lying, or if the lower end just doesn't post.

As for myself, I didn't take the SAT, but I took the ACT. Here it is:

ACT: 30, MCAT 32P --->darn proud of them both (even if it's not a 45T).

I really don't think that it matters much. To everybody reading this thread.....don't feel intimidated if you didn't get a 39 on the MCAT. Med school's gonna be a whole new ballgame.

I don't think many of the people with 35+ in here are lying. Slightly Over a thousand or so people every year put up this kind of score. And SDN is has a much higher % of gunnerish types than the average premed population.

Me: SAT: 1290 MCAT: 38

My academic career would be a nice graph. During high school I was laid back, didn't work that hard and still did ok. Nothing outstanding but made a decent gpa(3.6 or so). The 1290 probably comes from doing no sat prep at all. I didn't really care because I didn't need a 1550 or something. But for some reason when college started and become a gunner. Wanting to do research. Not settling for a B in any class. Taking TPR and spending 4 hours a day for 3 months practicing for the mcat. It was sad. Now Im intent on reverting back to my high school ways. But that explains the discrepancy- motivation and preparation.

southbelle said:
I don't think many of the people with 35+ in here are lying. Slightly Over a thousand or so people every year put up this kind of score. And SDN is has a much higher % of gunnerish types than the average premed population.

I completely agree. I just wanted to make the point that most of the people who are going to post on this thread are going to be on the high end. I'm not trying to bash anybody. Lord knows, I'd like to have a 38 or 39. I know that before I took the MCAT, I read through posts like these and they scared me a little. :scared: Btw, if you did do that well, happy late congratulations.

Well, I for one, was lying about both of my scores. I haven't even taken the MCAT yet.

That equation posted isn't working out for me, can anyone create a non linear, perhaps quadratic relationship?

willthatsall said:
Well my SAT wasn't very good (1480), but I brought it up on my MCAT (43S).

awwwww....don't feel bad about your 1480...it got you into community college didn't it?

willthatsall said:
Well, I for one, was lying about both of my scores. I haven't even taken the MCAT yet.
That's truly a relief. I thought you were about the biggest troll to ever roam the earth.