Out of state schools..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stdent9972

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how difficult is it to get into most state schools if you are not a resident of that state?

Is it basically hopeless, so that one must apply to their own state school and private schools only? Or does an out of stater have a decent shot at Wisconsin-Madison, for instance.My science gpa was 3.7.

Does anyone know of schools that take lots of out of staters? And btw is Midwestern U private? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

naaw its very possible.. i got in university of maryland out of state.. i think it depends on which school you apply to. with a 3.7 scince gpa.. your in very good shape.

Originally posted by stdent9972
And btw is Midwestern U private? Thanks.

yes, Midwestern is private.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would investigate schools in Michigan. I graduated from the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy and I am from Canada. There were many students from out of state (California). I also know graduates from Ferris State and Wayne State and both schools accept Canadian students so they must accept out of state students.

desperado2000 said:
i just got accepted to Ferris Pharmacy school. you said you know a few friends from Ferris. please tell me who is nice enough to guide me to the right direction for a quiet apartment. i am from houston, texas. thanks.
I'm from Michigan, and I spent a year of undergrad at Ferris. One of their best biochem professors just retired this year, but the program is excellent. If you have any idea where you're considering living, send me the names and I'll ask some of my friends who are still down there. I think the best idea is to rent a house-apt from a small company or private owner. Big Rapids is a pretty small town, and the apts don't always have the nicest/most up to date furnishings.

wi is pretty tough to get into if your out-of-state...they accept at least 90% in-state residents....this yr average....gpa = 3.8, pcat = 89