Out of State

Started by Texas_Sam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Texas_Sam

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gone to school out of state and come back to do rotations or a residency in their home state? What resources are available to help research the various residency programs in your home state? Could you do all your rotations in your home state? Is it important to do rotations at the hospital that you think you would like to do your residency? Any advice is welcome. My school basically told me that I have 2 months in my 4th year to find out which programs I would like to try to match with. Is this enough time? What options do I have? So far, I've been told that I should just transfer back to the osteopathic school in my home state.