Outpt clinics all about numbers.. setting change advice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MW31

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I've been out and working in an outpt clinic for about 1yr now and there's been a change from giving good pt care to meeting productivity and clinic #s. I absolutely detest my supervisor for this BC she is so pushy and just fills the schedule no matter what. I'm now thinking I want to change settings to get back to the real reason i wanted to be a PT (pt care). I was thinking about doing traveler work in DC/MD/VA..does anyone have any thoughts about this or experiencing something similar and know a good traveling agency to contact?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure that travelling PT will address your issue with outpatient clinics being all about productivity. With travelling, it will vary with the clinic you'd be working with. One clinic may emphasize seeing no more that 2-3 pts/hr while the next contract you choose may be all about numbers. This scenario may be even less appealing when compared to finding a permanent outpatient position that holds similar values to patient care as your own. That way, you'd be more likely to be employed there for years to come.

Hi
I've been out and working in an outpt clinic for about 1yr now and there's been a change from giving good pt care to meeting productivity and clinic #s. I absolutely detest my supervisor for this BC she is so pushy and just fills the schedule no matter what. I'm now thinking I want to change settings to get back to the real reason i wanted to be a PT (pt care). I was thinking about doing traveler work in DC/MD/VA..does anyone have any thoughts about this or experiencing something similar and know a good traveling agency to contact?

Out of curiosity, what is the productivity expectaiton?

Reactions: 1 user
There's potential for that in any setting.