Outside of all this premed stuff.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

solid snake

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you guys do for fun?

Members don't see this ad.

marathon runnin' pre-med gunnin' (oh whoops that slipped)
music makin' hip shakin'

and priority #1 - learnin' how to beatbox
:wink: -jot

play guitar in band, sail, read, listen to the Lassie Foundation :wink:

Members don't see this ad :)
hiking, mountain biking, swimming, running, read, listen to music

On a daily basis, my fun is pretty much limited to going to the gym and cooking. There's nothing more gratifying than cooking a new dish and having it taste awesome.

When I have time, I like to sew. I'm hemming my new curtains tonight, which is nowhere near as fun as designing something original and sewing it. But it's nice to be able to hem stuff, too-- it saves me $5 everytime I buy a pair of pants that are too long :)

Backpacking, running (omg going crazy without my Asics... left 'em at my parents' house), swimming, sunbathing w/ SPF 45 (just for the warmth), blading...

And non-productive stuff, like sleeping in the middle of the day and going to the movies (esp. the last show of the night).

~Alison

P.S. should this be in the lounge ? :)

taking advantage of some free time: working out, learning how to cook new dishes, learning how to play the guitar, watching LOTS of movies, and doing a little singing and acting in nyc.

:p :p :p

I play with swords. :cool:

input: "outside of premed stuff..."

output: "does not compute. error error error error..."

*poof*

Checking out those obese out-of-shape construction workers next door. :wink:

Dine out, sew, read, walk the dog, cook, drive in the mountains, baby goats, talk to/visit friends, soak in the tub with a good book, and take photos. :wink:

I still have another year of college.... But meanwhile I play field hockey, read, run, visit friends in NYC, watch the Game Show Network (I rock the Match Game), watch movies at night with other friends hanging around campus this summer, plan Octoberfest for the senior class this year...and whatever can keep me busy this summer after work in the chem lab is over....

the match game rocks!!! too bad i no longer get the game show network.
i like to hang out with friends, play tennis, swim, and eat yummy food! i also enjoy holding babies at the hospital and teaching tennis to low-income kids -- but i guess those are med school things too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also enjoy checking out those obese out-of-shape construction workers next door. :wink: --Trek

PARTY BALLZ.............. :cool:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Trek:
•I also enjoy checking out those obese out-of-shape construction workers next door. :wink: --Trek•••••Does Narcissus ring a bell? :wink:

Running (me too on the going crazy, recovering from surgery...should be able to run in 4 more weeks).

Reading. My wife and I read books out loud to each other. It's a great way to pass the time while one of us is making dinner. We just finished the second Harry Potter book.

Home improvement. Every homeowner knows about this. It's addictive.

I sit at a computer and type worthless messages to people I'll never meet.

Climb mountains.

I write graphic novels (comics with a solid story), one of which is now being illustrated. So my fun time goes to that and the wife.

reading, learning to play the guitar, vegetate, trying to teach myself computer graphic stuff on photoshop and flash. also during the school year i'm pretty involved in non-med related orgs, and those keep me hella busy.

I play the guitar and drums in some bands. I like to veg out in front of the ps2 or gamecube for hours (days?) at a time. I like to toss a few rounds of disc golf every now and again. I also like to ski, rock climb, and scuba dive.

Cook, cars, poetry, martial arts, gun range, movies, beach, camping, hiking, work out, read etc.