OVC c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nccope

Reaction score
Anyone here apply to OVC for 2025? I wasn't sure on how they ran their DVM apps. I got an email the other day saying welcome to UofG over the Guelph email address they gave me, but they haven't released decisions yet so I am a little confused.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here apply to OVC for 2025? I wasn't sure on how they ran their DVM apps. I got an email the other day saying welcome to UofG over the Guelph email address they gave me, but they haven't released decisions yet so I am a little confused.
I did!!! I got a similar email back in September (?) and it just lets you onto the WebAdvisor portal where you can see if they received all the admissions materials they require and they will also communicate with you on the email (I think?) so I would check it fairly regularly (I say as I realized I haven't checked it in FOREVER). Not sure about interviews, etc. yet as I haven't gotten further correspondence from them since then. Just kind of waiting and watching my email (constantly) over here :dead:

Reactions: 1 user
I did!!! I got a similar email back in September (?) and it just lets you onto the WebAdvisor portal where you can see if they received all the admissions materials they require and they will also communicate with you on the email (I think?) so I would check it fairly regularly (I say as I realized I haven't checked it in FOREVER). Not sure about interviews, etc. yet as I haven't gotten further correspondence from them since then. Just kind of waiting and watching my email (constantly) over here :dead:
I did get an email on Nov 19th Titled Welcome to the University of Guelph from an international recruitment co-op student. It said something along the lines of "I'd like to personally welcome you now that you are a part of the Gryphon family" however, I did not receive a formal acceptance letter though. There were over 248 people on the mailing list so it was applicants from all majors I guess. I don't know if this is indicative of an acceptance letter if anything I'm more confused now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did get an email on Nov 19th Titled Welcome to the University of Guelph from an international recruitment co-op student. It said something along the lines of "I'd like to personally welcome you now that you are a part of the Gryphon family" however, I did not receive a formal acceptance letter though. There were over 248 people on the mailing list so it was applicants from all majors I guess. I don't know if this is indicative of an acceptance letter if anything I'm more confused now.
I just saw that in my mailbox too. I think it was just to all international applicants, I don't think it meant anything in terms of acceptance. I would continue to wait for news from their admissions office about any decisions! :)

I just saw that in my mailbox too. I think it was just to all international applicants, I don't think it meant anything in terms of acceptance. I would continue to wait for news from their admissions office about any decisions! :)
Yeah, I received that email too! At first my heart was like ?!?! but I think it's just a regular blast email lol.

Also, I have a question about the application process. So, I have everything submitted and received as far as documents but my concern is that I am currently taking my last pre-req course needed for OVC this semester and I won't be able to send the transcript until mid-December. Do you think, my application will be overlooked or rejected because they won't know what grade I receive?

Yeah, I received that email too! At first my heart was like ?!?! but I think it's just a regular blast email lol.

Also, I have a question about the application process. So, I have everything submitted and received as far as documents but my concern is that I am currently taking my last pre-req course needed for OVC this semester and I won't be able to send the transcript until mid-December. Do you think, my application will be overlooked or rejected because they won't know what grade I receive?
I don't remember seeing anywhere that all prereqs needed to be done beforehand. Most schools just ask for a final transcript to confirm you passed the course, I've actually seen people use this to their advantage. Putting off courses they know they would do poorly in last so they could get by making the minimum req. grade needed for admission to vet school.

I don't remember seeing anywhere that all prereqs needed to be done beforehand. Most schools just ask for a final transcript to confirm you passed the course, I've actually seen people use this to their advantage. Putting off courses they know they would do poorly in last so they could get by making the minimum req. grade needed for admission to vet school.
Okay perfect! I was nervous because I think I read somewhere that they don't even consider you if they don't have all the pre-reqs and I wanted to cry because it literally is just one class 😭😭

Okay perfect! I was nervous because I think I read somewhere that they don't even consider you if they don't have all the pre-reqs and I wanted to cry because it literally is just one class 😭😭
I also thought that but could not find it when I checked, This cycle has been so odd with COVID with many schools changing stuff up

I also thought that but could not find it when I checked, This cycle has been so odd with COVID with many schools changing stuff up
Did you happen to apply to UCD (Ireland) this cycle? I have been searching for any threads for them but I haven't seen anything 😕

Hey, so I have my final transcripts with the last prerequisites I need. Do you guys think it’s worth it to send them or just forget it? Since everything was due November 1st, I wonder if my application is even being considered at all at this point.

Hey, so I have my final transcripts with the last prerequisites I need. Do you guys think it’s worth it to send them or just forget it? Since everything was due November 1st, I wonder if my application is even being considered at all at this point.
Email them and ask? I looked the other day and saw i didn't pay the evaluation fee🤷‍♂️ I thought I did

Email them and ask? I looked the other day and saw i didn't pay the evaluation fee🤷‍♂️ I thought I did
I did email, but no response yet hahaha. And ahh no way? Were you able to send it in late or?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did email, but no response yet hahaha. And ahh no way? Were you able to send it in late or?
I didn't send it yet 🤷‍♂️ if they mention something I'll ask if I can send it late i Don't remember the url to submit the payment

I didn't send it yet 🤷‍♂️ if they mention something I'll ask if I can send it late i Don't remember the url to submit the payment
You actually can’t submit it online. I asked them where I had to submit it but they said it needed to be mailed to them as a certified check 🤦🏽‍♀️

You actually can’t submit it online. I asked them where I had to submit it but they said it needed to be mailed to them as a certified check 🤦🏽‍♀️
That would explain why I haven't sent it then 😅

• Haha
Hey! Has anyone heard back about interviews yet?

Hey! Has anyone heard back about interviews yet?
Nope, not yet. I'm not sure if I am going to at all considering I just sent in the transcripts with my last necessary pre-req course yesterday. But, I spoke to someone who works there and she said the interviews will be in early 2021. So, you guys should hear from OVC any day now!

Nope, not yet. I'm not sure if I am going to at all considering I just sent in the transcripts with my last necessary pre-req course yesterday. But, I spoke to someone who works there and she said the interviews will be in early 2021. So, you guys should hear from OVC any day now!
Ok thank you!

Also just so I'm not overthinking this - I already did the CASPer for the one US school I applied to that wanted it - I need to take a new one for OVC, right? The Canadian Health Science one? I'm not even mad about it because I don't think I performed well on the US one... time to redeem myself :lol:

Also just so I'm not overthinking this - I already did the CASPer for the one US school I applied to that wanted it - I need to take a new one for OVC, right? The Canadian Health Science one? I'm not even mad about it because I don't think I performed well on the US one... time to redeem myself :lol:
Oh I assumed it was the same one - definitely need to figure this out!

Hey y'all, OVC student here. Based on the grades that got me accepted I did very well on the Casper/interview (and practiced my butt off for it), so if anyone needs a hand/advice or would want me to look over some of their practice questions please don't hesitate to dm me.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all, OVC student here. Based on the grades that got me accepted I did very well on the Casper/interview (and practiced my butt off for it), so if anyone needs a hand/advice or would want me to look over some of their practice questions please don't hesitate to dm me.
Hi I was wondering if you could give me some advice! I've been studying for the casper in the summer (Even though I haven't been offered an interview yet), because I am very eager. I was wondering if you had any good resources or tips. Also, my 50:50 is looking to be about 90.8-91. I am really worried. Do you think that I have a shot at being offered an interview, with covid and all?

Hi I was wondering if you could give me some advice! I've been studying for the casper in the summer (Even though I haven't been offered an interview yet), because I am very eager. I was wondering if you had any good resources or tips. Also, my 50:50 is looking to be about 90.8-91. I am really worried. Do you think that I have a shot at being offered an interview, with covid and all?
You have a very high chance of getting an interview! I applied to OVC twice, got an interview both times and my first try I had an 88.5 combined. I also had a lower grade than you for this past cycle and was accepted post interview. (If you are international, I would say you are even more likely to be offered an interview.). That being said, I am not sure how COVID affects things, but I would be surprised if the stats jump another 2%.

In terms of resources, I did a few practice tests that got graded by an external company (basically they send you a question set and you send it back with your answers and they give you feedback within 72 hours) and that was very helpful in terms of learning to structure my answers in a timely manner. I also got a Casper/MMI-specific tutor because I wanted to ensure I was on the right trackand that was super helpful for me in building up my confidence. This is something I put money towards and it wasn't dirt cheap but ultimately it got me into the school with the cheapest tuition for my circumstances so it was definitely worth it. If financially this isn't an option for you, which is totally understandable, my biggest piece of advice would be to do a bunch of practice questions that you find online (there are a million, I could also send you a few if you want more), practice under test conditions, AND GET OTHERS TO GIVE YOU FEEDBACK. Ideally, have vet/med students or people who have done it before to look at your answers. I know people always say it's common sense and to just go with your gut, but my two cents is that this isn't really true... Although your instincts may be great, you need to be able to verbalize your thoughts in a clear and concise way. And that can be achieved with practice!

I might be offering tutoring at a fair rate closer to the interview date if I see there is demand. I would love to be able to help everyone for free but now that I'm in I have to say vet school is a lot and my time is pretty limited! But please feel free to message me if you have any questions. I hope this was helpful.

I did sorry! They said to email CASPer and ask. I have not done that yet because I forgot 🥴

I emailed them to ask what we should do - I will update as soon as they get back to me!
I did sorry! They said to email CASPer and ask. I have not done that yet because I forgot 🥴
Looks like we will have to take the test specific to Canada :/

Attachments

• C2AB785A-E4C3-4AED-B09B-6F1A0663BC10.png
    C2AB785A-E4C3-4AED-B09B-6F1A0663BC10.png
    186 KB · Views: 97
Looks like we will have to take the test specific to Canada :/
Oh brilliant! Ngl, I'm kind of excited about this because I don't feel I did great on my first CASPer...... also I already paid for it sooooooo :oops:

Hey guys. (I applied to OVC as an international student) Do you guys know if the 15 min interview is MMI or just a personal interview? I got a bit confused because in the email it says 15 min MMI-style personal interview. Also I feel like 15 min is too short for a MMI interview tbh. And I checked the interview feedbacks from previous years and apparently international students were interviewed differently. (MMI for Canadians and personal interviews for internationals.)
Any thoughts?
(Happy holidays!)

Does anyone know if we need to send updated transcripts for the Fall 2020 semester by any particular deadline? I haven't found anything anywhere that says we do, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Also good luck everyone on the casper next week 🙃

Hey guys. (I applied to OVC as an international student) Do you guys know if the 15 min interview is MMI or just a personal interview? I got a bit confused because in the email it says 15 min MMI-style personal interview. Also I feel like 15 min is too short for a MMI interview tbh. And I checked the interview feedbacks from previous years and apparently international students were interviewed differently. (MMI for Canadians and personal interviews for internationals.)
Any thoughts?
(Happy holidays!)
Hi! I interviewed last year as an international student and I had an MMI interview, but it was over an hour long. I'm under the impression that they will be MMI again this year, but I'm also not sure how it will be conducted in only 15 minutes! Good luck!

Did anyone else never receive a casper access code? Because I saw the email they sent yesterday about response to Casper invitation but I also got an email on 12/23 saying I would get a casper code when I never did. I just registered under the Canadian health sciences for vet med for guelph. Now I'm worried I did something wrong. 😬

Did anyone else never receive a casper access code? Because I saw the email they sent yesterday about response to Casper invitation but I also got an email on 12/23 saying I would get a casper code when I never did. I just registered under the Canadian health sciences for vet med for guelph. Now I'm worried I did something wrong. 😬
Actually never mind, I re-read it. I'm pretty sure it's all good.

I did not get the code either. I just registered the exam for OVC.

Does anyone know if we need to send updated transcripts for the Fall 2020 semester by any particular deadline? I haven't found anything anywhere that says we do, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Also good luck everyone on the casper next week 🙃
I don't believe that we have to send updated fall transcripts yet but if accepted we will most likely need to. Good luck to you too!

Is everyone planning on doing the snapshot? I’m confused on what the purpose of it is since it’s not going to be used when considering our applications.

I also didn’t get an access code but I signed up for the one that is at 8pm tonight and is
Is everyone planning on doing the snapshot? I’m confused on what the purpose of it is since it’s not going to be used when considering our applications.
HA I was literally about to ask the exact same thing. I think I'm going to do mine because while they said it's not required the email said "you are asked to voluntarily complete the snapshot video response tool" which has me a little worried.

Hey guys! This might be a stupid question but I just realized in their personal interview invitation email they did not specify which time zone the interview time is in. And it's too late for me to email them lol mine is coming up very soon.
I assume it's EST instead of CST? Does anyone know?

Hey guys! This might be a stupid question but I just realized in their personal interview invitation email they did not specify which time zone the interview time is in. And it's too late for me to email them lol mine is coming up very soon.
I assume it's EST instead of CST? Does anyone know?
Hi! Yep I'm pretty sure it is EST, I think they mentioned it in the first interview invitation email.

Has anyone gotten more clarity on how the interview will run?

Has anyone gotten more clarity on how the interview will run?
Honestly, I know they said it was only 15 minutes and that it was an MMI style but I feel like the most they will ask is 2-3 questions because last year we had like 8-10 minutes to answer each one? My hunch is they used casper to replace the majority of the traditional MMI scenarios and this 15 minutes will be mostly them to ask us more about our application since they had two stations based off that last year. But that's just a guess.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, I know they said it was only 15 minutes and that it was an MMI style but I feel like the most they will ask is 2-3 questions because last year we had like 8-10 minutes to answer each one? My hunch is they used casper to replace the majority of the traditional MMI scenarios and this 15 minutes will be mostly them to ask us more about our application since they had two stations based off that last year. But that's just a guess.
So finished my interview this morning, and this is exactly right. They just asked me specifics about my application and all the questions were specific to me. It was still MMI style so they asked the question, I answered, and then they asked the next question. Thanks for the reply!

So finished my interview this morning, and this is exactly right. They just asked me specifics about my application and all the questions were specific to me. It was still MMI style so they asked the question, I answered, and then they asked the next question. Thanks for the reply!
How specific were the questions about your application? I cannot for the life of me find my application so I guess I didn’t save it and I’m freaking out a little because I can’t look at it before my interview.

How specific were the questions about your application? I cannot for the life of me find my application so I guess I didn’t save it and I’m freaking out a little because I can’t look at it before my interview.
Nothing that you would need to review your application for! Just how experiences have shaped you, so you should be fine on that end :)