OVC c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, do we need to have a Microsoft Teams account to join the virtual interview? Or we can just click on the link?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, do we need to have a Microsoft Teams account to join the virtual interview? Or we can just click on the link?
I downloaded Microsoft Teams and then logged in with my Guelph email address that they gave me

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when we will hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing that you would need to review your application for! Just how experiences have shaped you, so you should be fine on that end :)
Thank you so much! How many questions did they end up asking you?

Thank you so much! How many questions did they end up asking you?
I talked pretty fast and used only 14min to finish answering all questions. :/
Don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing lol

Before my interview, I was told it may be shorter just dependent on how much you have to say versus how fast you talk. I wouldn’t worry at all!

If it makes you feel better, I talked so fast I think I answered everything after 10 minutes lol so try not to worry about the timing of it, I think they care much more about the quality of your answers

Does anyone know of a timeline on when they plan on releasing decisions? Or at least when they have in previous years?

Does anyone know of a timeline on when they plan on releasing decisions? Or at least when they have in previous years?
Last year it was sent around the 14th. So hopefully either this week or next.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked and I got accepted! So excited!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I got waitlisted. Does anyone know how much the waitlist moved last year?

Rejected, which I'm really surprised about? I changed my classes so my GPA would be alot higher this time around and last year I got waitlisted with a way lower GPA. I have a feeling it might have something to do with Casper. 😩

Rejected, which I'm really surprised about? I changed my classes so my GPA would be alot higher this time around and last year I got waitlisted with a way lower GPA. I have a feeling it might have something to do with Casper. 😩
The same thing happened to me. But I’m surprised how much the CASPer would’ve affected the points😓 had good hopes this year as my gpa was higher

The same thing happened to me. But I’m surprised how much the CASPer would’ve affected the points😓 had good hopes this year as my gpa was higher
Same with me. waitlisted last year and rejected this year. only real difference is the casper test for me.

I got waitlisted. Does anyone know how much the waitlist moved last year?
Hi, so from last year, we had one person accept their in-state offer after their acceptance to OVC and so they had one applicant come off of the waitlist and another deferred their admission to the following year due to COVID19. The waitlist has about ten people on it. The admissions administrators do not reveal what number you are on the waitlist. This is what I have heard from my year.

Accepted!!! Sorry to you guys who didn’t get the news you were hoping for

Accepted!! I was wondering if any current students could post a little about their experience at OVC?

Hi, so from last year, we had one person accept their in-state offer after their acceptance to OVC and so they had one applicant come off of the waitlist and another deferred their admission to the following year due to COVID19. The waitlist has about ten people on it. The admissions administrators do not reveal what number you are on the waitlist. This is what I have heard from my year.
Thank you!

Accepted!! I was wondering if any current students could post a little about their experience at OVC?
Congrats on the acceptance! So, its kind of hard to talk about the experience as a 1st year since this year has been mostly online. We do have clinical medicine, anatomy, and pathology labs in person within our practice groups to minimize the risk of COVID19. Your experience will be much different than mine, since by Fall 2021, your class may have hybrid courses rather than having every class online like my year currently has (unless the pandemic worsens).

I'm sorry about that, it seems like this year there were more applicants. Was OVC the only Vet School you applied to? I have some friends who applied to Atlantic Veterinary College & Western College of Veterinary Medicine (WCVM). I agree, I think the CASPer based interviews are not the best way to assess applicants, I prefer doing an MMI.

I'm sorry about that, it seems like this year there were more applicants. Was OVC the only Vet School you applied to? I have some friends who applied to Atlantic Veterinary College & Western College of Veterinary Medicine (WCVM). I agree, I think the CASPer based interviews are not the best way to assess applicants, I prefer doing an MMI.
I agree, especially because I thought I did really well on the MMI last year. Plus I'm also a very slow typer, I cant express everything I want in such a short about of time online. But when I talk I go a mile a minute so that works in my favor for timed interviews lol. 😂

I applied to 8 schools total this year, but Guelph is the closest as I live in Buffalo. It's sad because I know its program is not the best fit for me and what I want to do, but I wanted to be close to home. 😭

Congrats on the acceptance! So, its kind of hard to talk about the experience as a 1st year since this year has been mostly online. We do have clinical medicine, anatomy, and pathology labs in person within our practice groups to minimize the risk of COVID19. Your experience will be much different than mine, since by Fall 2021, your class may have hybrid courses rather than having every class online like my year currently has (unless the pandemic worsens).
Thank you!

So assuming I know the answer...rejected probably but I have been “on hold for decision” since December 21st 😂. OVC was my number 1 but I have 2 acceptances so I am going somewhere but just a little confused as to why it hasn’t been updated or I haven’t got refused admission email from them. I didn’t realize when applying that I still had 1 prerequisite left so they had me send updated transcripts 2 weeks ago but a little confused on that since it seems people already had interviews then. Sorry for the rant just very confused 😂

So assuming I know the answer...rejected probably but I have been “on hold for decision” since December 21st 😂. OVC was my number 1 but I have 2 acceptances so I am going somewhere but just a little confused as to why it hasn’t been updated or I haven’t got refused admission email from them. I didn’t realize when applying that I still had 1 prerequisite left so they had me send updated transcripts 2 weeks ago but a little confused on that since it seems people already had interviews then. Sorry for the rant just very confused 😂
If I remember correctly, OVC doesn't consider you for admission until they have all pre-reqs. I think since they don't do Canadian students until later in spring/ early summer, there is still room for international students around this time.

If I remember correctly, OVC doesn't consider you for admission until they have all pre-reqs. I think since they don't do Canadian students until later in spring/ early summer, there is still room for international students around this time.
Ok thanks. I just wasn’t sure about international since there’s only 15 international spots. Also wasn’t sure if my decision is delayed because I didn’t have prerequisites is there a chance I will hear before the April 15th deadline for other schools.

Does anyone know if we’ll receive academic scholarships?

For anyone in the waitlist that was wondering, there are only 4 students who accepted their seat yet so there’s still plenty of room!

Just declined my international seat in favor of UPenn. Best of luck to everyone waitlisted! You're all going to do ✨amazing✨

I got off the waitlist today! And i had a few questions for current international students attending if anyone would be willing to answer them!

I got off the waitlist today! And i had a few questions for current international students attending if anyone would be willing to answer them!
Congrats!! I am an international student attending UofG as an undergrad and will be in Phase1 this fall and know some phase1 students, maybe there are some questions I can answer!

Just got pulled of the waitlist but will be 99% likely to be declining to attend Edinburgh, hopefully this will be good news for someone else!!!

I was rejected back in February and they just emailed me saying I've been accepted...?? Lol I'll be declining anyways but I am deeply confused right now. I also looked back and on the same day they sent my official rejection letter, they sent an email saying I was not selected for an interview... after I already interviewed with them...

Maybe they have made their way through the waitlist so they are reevaluating rejections? Although I declined over the phone they just sent me another email of acceptance so maybe an email error :shrug:

• Hmm
I was also rejected back in February so I hadnt checked my email. I got a call today (may 4th) to check my email and got an acceptance letter. Although it says i needed to reply by April 30th. I plan to accept though.

I would like to share my experience applying to the OVC as I believe it sheds light on their application process.

I am a University of Waterloo student, and this is my second time applying to OVC, with an application that is clearly an improvement from the last. This year I applied with an average of 95%, based on the calculations on OVC’s “Selection Process” website. This academic merit is acknowledged by a handful of scholarships from my university. Furthermore, my experience shows ample interest in and knowledge of the veterinary field. I have experience with horses from a very young age; I got my first job at a veterinary clinic that sees small animals, exotics, and wildlife in high school, which I maintained to this day; I worked at a wildlife rehabilitation centre; I volunteered at a stable that offers therapeutic horseback riding; I shadowed a shelter veterinarian and a large animal veterinarian; and I am currently working at another small animal clinic. Furthermore, my references are from trusted mentors that all know me very well and helped me develop my experiential and academic strengths. Finally, I also did two placements in research, one of which led to my name being including in a published article.

Despite all this, OVC did not even offer me an interview, for the second year in a row.

In contrast, on my first try, I was accepted to the Royal Veterinary College, University of Glasgow, University of Edinburgh, and University College Dublin. I look forward to beginning my studies at the Royal Veterinary College this fall.