OVC Class of 2013!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Veggie Shark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wanted to meet some classmates! Tell me about yourself! Where did you do your undergrad, what area of vet med are you interested in?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll play! :laugh: I did my undergrad and my master's at the University of Windsor... very glad to get out!! I think I was just there for too long lol... I'm planning on doing the mixed track right now, to keep my options open ;) I've worked with small animals, large animals, horses, and wildlife (birds, mammals etc). I am extremely excited to be going to OVC!!! Can't wait! :love:

Yay! I'm glad someone responded. It is very nice to meet you! I did my undergrad at UofT in Mississauga and am considering the mixed stream as well. Did you originally live in Windsor? My boyfriend actually went there for Criminology. Do you plan on living on or off campus at Guelph?

Members don't see this ad :)
I grew up in Windsor, so it'll be my first time away from home lol :laugh: I'm not entirely sure where I'll be living yet - I'm strongly considering the frat house right now, cause it's got the social aspect of a residence, but with all vet students... What about you?

Hey!
WHOOO for class of 2013 :) I did my undergrad (3 years of it anyway - this year would have been 4th) at Guelph. I have a house that I love that is about a 5 min bike ride from campus, it's pretty sweet. I am working at OVC for the summer so I'm in Guelph right now actually. I'd really like to do some aspect of equine medicine - sports medicine, or internal medicine, maybe. I've never in my life been so excited to start school!! Can't wait to meet everyone in September!

Well, this will also be my first time away from home, though my boyfriend will be moving with me so we will be looking for a place off campus. I'm so excited though a little nervous cause I don't know anybody. Do you guys know a lot of the people who were accepted?

Also, I was wondering if you guys knew when all the school stuff started (ie. orientation, etc)? Just so I have an idea of moving dates and so on. Furthermore, if anyone is interested in getting to know me a bit and adding me on facebook, feel free to send me a private message, and I will give you my details! If not, that's cool, no pressure ;)

Hey,
Orientation starts Sept 7th (labour day). Sure I will PM you. Just from being at Guelph for 3 years, ya, I know quite a few people in our class.

I wish I had known that I wanted to go into vet med sooner or I probably would have went to Guelph for undergrad as well. :(

It sounds like there's quite a few people who didn't go to Guelph so I wouldn't worry ;)

Hi class of 2013,

I was wondering if any of you would kindly share your experiences applying to OVC, and what they look for. So range of CGPA, Sci GPA, MCAT scores, experience, etc?

I am looking to apply in a few years when I finish up my requirements and get some more experience and any of this information would be extremely helpful for me. It will also help me know if I even have a shot!

Thank you! :)