OVC interviews of 2011

Started by patpat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

patpat

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know from the past that interview invitations are going to be sent out at the end of April, and that they are generally held between May 17-20 from last year.
What do you guys think would be the likelihood of the interviews being the same dates this year? I'm asking because I'll be away from April 24th - May 12 so I'm getting kind of nervous about the dates, should I be rescheduling this trip?
Also MOCK INTERVIEWS!! would anyone know who and where I can contact to be able to try out for the mock interviews at the OVC?
 
I am an international applicant. I received an email last week from Elizabeth Lowenger stating that the international interviews will be in April and May and that we should get invitations at the end of this month (March). I'm hoping to hear something soon since OVC is where I want to go.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Bisbee! I was curious if you have heard anything yet about OVC interviews, I am an international applicant too and am still waiting to here, thanks!
 
Hi RoZ-No...I'm still waiting, and as the days go by I have to wonder. It's so late in the cycle at this point. However, it does seem that OVC has gotten off to such a late start, so I still have hope. I've only heard of one international student having an interview so far, Spartan Senior. Maybe they are inviting in small groups. I live in New York State; where do you live? Have you applied to US schools as well? I will post here again if I hear anything from OVC. If I don't hear anything by the end of April, I plan to contact the admissions office...not knowing anything is hard!
 
Don't know if this helps I received an interview invite via email on April 1st. It said they were scheduling interviews last week and this week, and it sounded like the interview would be based on your availability. I turned down the interview, so hopefully that opens up a spot for you guys 🙂
 
From my experiences applying as a Canadian applicant a couple years ago... and this year again...
They will always say the date or days that interviews/acceptances will be sent around and then it's ALWAYS later than that. Especially the acceptances.
Last year I didn't apply but a friend of mine did and we were walking with one of the ladies that works in the dean's office after my friend's interview, and she said it might be around 2 weeks that people would start to hear back by.... but I'm pretty sure it was more like a month... and that's how it was for me too the last time I applied.
 
I know from the past that interview invitations are going to be sent out at the end of April, and that they are generally held between May 17-20 from last year.
What do you guys think would be the likelihood of the interviews being the same dates this year? I'm asking because I'll be away from April 24th - May 12 so I'm getting kind of nervous about the dates, should I be rescheduling this trip?
Also MOCK INTERVIEWS!! would anyone know who and where I can contact to be able to try out for the mock interviews at the OVC?



I'm an international student. I got my email end of march that said interviews weeks of 4th and 11th. I interviewed last week and was accepted three hours later.

They maybe be doing a second round depending on how the first round goes though.
 
Hey Bisbee thanks so much for letting me know your status with this whole thing. I am in California so am still keeping me fingers crossed! I did apply to US schools and had an interview at KSU at the end of Jan. so yeah this waiting around thing stinks!
 
Hi RoZ-I wanted to tell you that I broke down and emailed the admissions office yesterday. They emailed back saying that they are in the process of inviting people and we should hear something soon. They also apologized for the delays. I hope "soon" really is soon!

To Shibainu-Many congratulations on your acceptance at OVC! Have you decided to accept the offer and attend this fall? If so, I hope to join you there!
 
I'm actually doing my undergrad at uoguelph and I still haven't heard from OVC... I wonder if I should worry about this hahaha 😕
 
Hi RoZ-I wanted to tell you that I broke down and emailed the admissions office yesterday. They emailed back saying that they are in the process of inviting people and we should hear something soon. They also apologized for the delays. I hope "soon" really is soon!

To Shibainu-Many congratulations on your acceptance at OVC! Have you decided to accept the offer and attend this fall? If so, I hope to join you there!


Thank you!! As of right now I am leaning towards OVC. I was accepted to London and Dublin but london is five years and I have two dogs, one of which will have a heart attack if she has to fly! So it is a better move for us. I am waitlisted a few US schools, but I am married so other factors, like my husband getting a job, also have to be taken into consideration.

I hope you hear good news soon! :xf:
 
Every time I see a new message in my inbox I get excited only to find out its not from ovc:scared:

Also congrats shib! 😀
 
Every time I see a new message in my inbox I get excited only to find out its not from ovc:scared:

Also congrats shib! 😀


Thanks monmons! Are you Canadian or just attending undergrad there? They told me they were doing Iternational students first.

I'm sure you will get your interview invitation soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes Monmons-
They will do the international pool first. Then when that is finished they will do the Canadian applicants. So, don't worry. You won't hear anything if you are Canadian until we (internationals) all hear something first (could be a few more weeks). Hang in and hope to see you in the fall!
 
K, I'm just wondering if any Canadian applicants have heard anything at all from the OVC yet? or even heard of anyone getting rejected yet? I also emailed admissions asking when we could expect something and they have not replied in 2 days now. Wondering if anyone has had better luck? fingers and toes crossed 😛
 
Hey! I haven't heard back either, and as far as I know, from asking MANY people, no one has. 9 international applicants have apparently been accepted already, which is probably their cap. (found that on fbook). Check out the FVC forums, this seems to be the hot topic!