Overloading? or go for it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted212503

I am taking for next sem:
Gen Bio II
Orgo Chem I
Psychology
Music

which all adds up to 16 credit hours. psyc and music are blow off classes. should i take one more class? i need to do either anthro or soc anyways so should i take those this fall?​

Members don't see this ad.

How have you done in past semesters with this many hours or more?

I would say add another especially if those two classes will be easy. Then again this advice is coming from someone who feels like I have an empty schedule when I'm only taking 16 hours.

But if you think your grades won't suffer because of adding another class, why not add another? It makes it easier for you later on, less classes to take then.

If music and psych are easy classes, then you should be able to add another, assuming your study and time management skills are up to snuff. But it'd be a gray area, so it boils down to your gut and experience with your school so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
iunno tho. i mean with two blow off classes, i should be guarantee A's in those. But since I hear that orgo is the class where everybody dies in, maybe i should just study more in those.

Talk to upperclassmen at your school and to your departmental advisor. Above all, ensure you can keep your GPA high. Med schools care about GPA more than course load.

can you add them, and drop them if orgo is too much work? I think orgo is different for everyone.. I worked hard in it, but i LOVED it. Some people pour all their energy into it and die a little inside.

In my freshman year, I took Bio, Chem, Math, Physics together for 2 semesters. Wasn't too difficult to manage. You can always sign up for ALL the classes you want to take, then sit in lectures for 2 weeks to see what works and what doesn't ; whatever doesn't work for you, drop before the deadline.

People only die in Orgo if they slack. It is not that hard.

Add another GE or interesting class.