Overprojected hours for an activity on AACOMAS

Started by 3.1415927
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

3.1415927

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied on AACOMAS back in July and for one of the activities I had volunteering at Meals on Wheels, which I started in June, and at the end of my description I said that I planned to complete 2 hours per week until matriculation. I had 20 hours done at the time. However since I started scribing in September I have stopped since the place where I scribe is next to ER and since I will be working with other people's food, I did not think it was worth the covid risk. Also the times when I work often conflict with the available times for MOW. I had completed 40 hours by the time I stopped in September. I was wondering what the right thing to do in this situation is? I'm worried that it would look like I'm lying on my app, even though I was really planning on going 2 hours per week at the time I applied. Should I make a duplicate entry with the total 40 hours I completed from June-September, or should I just state that I volunteered there 40 hours June-September on any updates I send to the schools where I interview? Or should I let it go since they're just projected?

I have 2 interviews coming up, and I am waitlisted somewhere post-interview, and I hope that my overprojection of planned hours does not hurt my chances of getting off the waitlist or getting other interviews.