OVertime in L.A.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilostmyspacebar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know how much overtime is available for the retail chains in the LA area?

Members don't see this ad.

does anybody know how much overtime is available for the retail chains in the LA area?

Quite a bit, assuming stuff hasn't changed in 6 months, you'll find tons of open shifts in Torrance, Inglewood, east LA, etc... Yeah goodluck with that insanity.

They'll give you plenty of work in Torrance, Inglewood, Compton, East LA, etc. I think you get the point.

Last year when I was working 60 hour weeks as a tech for CVS they finally cut me off from my 12 hour OT shifts in Orange County after a few months so I was forced to work in Long Beach. I got berated for 12 hours OT in the Irvine area but they were more than happy to throw me to the Long Beach area, and I know there were shifts more north if I really wanted them. Which I didn't.

Although now I notice that you're an intern, so the whole process is completely different for interns. I know that RPhs and techs can get tons of OT in LA if they want it, but I have no idea about interns. I wouldn't expect it to be as readily available but I don't know.

Members don't see this ad :)
They'll give you plenty of work in Torrance, Inglewood, Compton, East LA, etc. I think you get the point.

Last year when I was working 60 hour weeks as a tech for CVS they finally cut me off from my 12 hour OT shifts in Orange County after a few months so I was forced to work in Long Beach. I got berated for 12 hours OT in the Irvine area but they were more than happy to throw me to the Long Beach area, and I know there were shifts more north if I really wanted them. Which I didn't.

Although now I notice that you're an intern, so the whole process is completely different for interns. I know that RPhs and techs can get tons of OT in LA if they want it, but I have no idea about interns. I wouldn't expect it to be as readily available but I don't know.

How long ago were you pulling 12 hours in OC? They've been clamping down on OT as long as I could remember.

But yeah, LA...it's kind of a free for all, like the wild west of retail pharmacy. My old PIC told me of one of her workaholic friends that pulled in $200k due to work in LA. Granted, it is LA...there are reasons why there are tons of open shifts while OC/SD are pretty well "full."

About six months ago. It was at CVS #1764 in Mission Viejo at Alicia and Muirlands. They fill about 1000 scripts/week and had their entire staff walk out except for 1 staff RPh and 1 tech. It was a gravy train for about 12 weeks.

I made a ****load of money working there hehe.

About six months ago. It was at CVS #1764 in Mission Viejo at Alicia and Muirlands. They fill about 1000 scripts/week and had their entire staff walk out except for 1 staff RPh and 1 tech. It was a gravy train for about 12 weeks.

I made a ****load of money working there hehe.

hahah, awesome. No wonder I got a letter in the mail saying there was a store in mission viejo that was willing to give hours. It kinda left me scratching my head, but now it all makes sense.

Does anyone know what the status of work hours are in Ventura County?

Best person to ask would be Minh Dang. Recruiter for CVS. Or perhaps the Wags recruiter, though I don't know who that is. I'm sure her number's available on the web, if not you could probably find it at the USC pharmacy page. They usually have job links posted, it was there last I checked about 1 month ago.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/pharmacy/employment/
(ad's there,but didn't see the ph#)