Overtime?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BuffaloPills

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it’s possible to work 60-70 hours a week, with time and a half pay for overtime. I know Walgreen’s pays time and half for overtime, but is it common to receive that many hours a week if desired? Is anyone aware of a setting which would allow a pharmacist time and a half pay with unlimited overtime available? It seems ridiculous, but my student loans are too.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering if it's possible to work 60-70 hours a week, with time and a half pay for overtime. I know Walgreen's pays time and half for overtime, but is it common to receive that many hours a week if desired? Is anyone aware of a setting which would allow a pharmacist time and a half pay with unlimited overtime available? It seems ridiculous, but my student loans are too.

You can work as much as you want even in one of the most saturated areas, Orange County in S.CA, . As long as your body can handle, hours are always there waiting for you to grab. I asked my Rph the same question and he showed me the list.... It was amazing... So don't worry about getting OT hours. I plan to work 60 hrs a week upon graduation to pay up the loan and to save some money for house.

Yep - you can do it, but you'll burn out fast, IMO (oh...you'll pay lots & lots in taxes too!)