Owning your own practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmira

Princess of Power
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of your plan to start your own practice at some point in your career? Most physiotherapists I hear about tend to make a very good living by owning multiple practices. I haven't heard too much on this board about this.
The income in canada varies but is mostly around $42,000 (starting pay)/year. I was a little surprised by this because making $25 (CND) an hour isn't really that great (well in comparison to doctors I suppose..)
How much do physiotherapists in the US make?
I'd like to have my own practice if I do physiotherapy, but there already seems to be tons of clinics around, so i'm not sure how likely the chances of that would be.
Share your thoughts..

Members don't see this ad.

docmira said:
How many of your plan to start your own practice at some point in your career? Most physiotherapists I hear about tend to make a very good living by owning multiple practices. I haven't heard too much on this board about this.
The income in canada varies but is mostly around $42,000 (starting pay)/year. I was a little surprised by this because making $25 (CND) an hour isn't really that great (well in comparison to doctors I suppose..)
How much do physiotherapists in the US make?
I'd like to have my own practice if I do physiotherapy, but there already seems to be tons of clinics around, so i'm not sure how likely the chances of that would be.
Share your thoughts..

Hi there miss Mira, here's a good article you should read:

http://www.connectbiz.com/stories/wenger.html

That was a great article. I was wondering if you have any on ergonomics?