Oxford in the Match This Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waiting4Ganong

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oxford 100% match rate ( :laugh: ) continues....

One Applicant
Matched (first choice)
Radiology
Mass General
Apparently!

Await formal confirmation but that is the word on the street...

Members don't see this ad.

That's interesting! Any idea if taht person is a US citizen or something?

How can you find out about matching from UK schools anyway, I've never found any info... where did you find out about that Oxford person?

jane2 said:
That's interesting! Any idea if taht person is a US citizen or something?

How can you find out about matching from UK schools anyway, I've never found any info... where did you find out about that Oxford person?

B/c I'm also at that school. Friend of his in a pub told me (source of 90% of my information). Guy who matched wasn't US citizen (was EU citizen).

Not a list as far as I know of US residency matches from UK med schools - probably not the kind of thing the NHS wants to advertise....

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting4Ganong said:
B/c I'm also at that school. Friend of his in a pub told me (source of 90% of my information). Guy who matched wasn't US citizen (was EU citizen).

Not a list as far as I know of US residency matches from UK med schools - probably not the kind of thing the NHS wants to advertise....

So... do you happen to know what his reasons were for going to the USA? I've often considered it myself when I graduated, but in a few of your posts you've made convincing statements that it's much better to stay on in the UK as we get a better deal. I'd just be interested to know what persuaded your friend to go for it in light of this? Cheers.

Sorry - barely know the guy. Was in year ahead of me. It seems lots of people here take USMLEs and do well on them (at least 12 people in my year of 130) but few end up going across. I think it is just a way to keep options open. At the end of the day I expect most people realise, like I did, that opportunites for a British grad are equal or better than in the UK than they are in US.