• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Oxygen group? (4E - Chemical and Physical Foundations)

mintysilver237

May 4, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi,
    I was studying for category 4E. This was listed on the AAMC MCAT website. I could not find much for it on Khan Academy or my previous notes and textbooks. Can someone help me out, please and thank you!
    1588905043925.png

mintysilver237

May 4, 2020
    1. Pre-Medical
      Sounds like it is referring to the chalcogens which are Group 16 to the left of the halogens, sometimes stylized as the oxygen group.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
      Med School Tutors
      Thank you! I had a hunch that it was that but I just wanted to make sure. Would you happen to know what representative elements mean? Very lost for that one.

About the Ads

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
      Vendor
      2+ Year Member
      Apr 25, 2019
      www.medschooltutors.com
      1. Medical Student
      2. Resident [Any Field]
      3. Attending Physician
        Thank you! I had a hunch that it was that but I just wanted to make sure. Would you happen to know what representative elements mean? Very lost for that one.

From the University of Hawai'i: "The Representative Elements are those elements within the first two families (Groups I and II on the far left) and the last six families or groups (on the right) of the Periodic Table. "

Basically everything not a transition metal. It's shotty wording, but truth be told most outlines are. They are not usually designed to be read by students.

Med School Tutors

mintysilver237

May 4, 2020
        1. Pre-Medical
          From the University of Hawai'i: "The Representative Elements are those elements within the first two families (Groups I and II on the far left) and the last six families or groups (on the right) of the Periodic Table. "

Basically everything not a transition metal. It's shotty wording, but truth be told most outlines are. They are not usually designed to be read by students.

Med School Tutors
          I see, thank you for clarifying this :)

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.