P on Audition Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

builderstorch

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a P in a competitive specialty audition rotation. Am I cooked at that program and if I have to potentially reapply in the future?

Members don't see this ad.

What specificalty? You may be cooked for that specialty all together.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I think it is safe to say you're cooked at that program. It would also be a bad look if you did try to reapply at other programs.

Based on your post history and the specialty you're trying to match as a DO, I would not attempt to reapply in the same specialty if you don't match this year. I think this is your one, best shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately this will likely significantly affect a reapplication in a competitive specialty.

I got a P in a competitive specialty audition rotation. Am I cooked at that program and if I have to potentially reapply in the future?

So take this for what it's worth. It was seventeen years ago and a different specialty and n of 1.

I got into ortho after getting a "pass" on an away rotation. But it was after going unmatched the first time, a year of prelim gen surgery, and matching at a place I did not rotate at or even interview at the year before. So is it POSSIBLE? Yes I suppose. Is it likely? Ehh probably not. At least in my experience, you're sort of expected to AT WORST high pass those and if you get anything worse it's a pretty big red flag.

I would never say to give up because this is your life and you dont want to spend it asking yourself "what if?" But if you keep going....I mean it's gonna be a uphill battle.

Reactions: 1 user
TIL that people receive grades on audition rotations… we just get p/f at our school and nothing from the program

Reactions: 1 users