PA programs on in NY/NJ area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tranquility

:::SMILE!!:::
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking into PA...anyone know of what schools in my area are good?

Also, I am currently in a med tech major. When I finish next year, I will only have my associates. I knwo you need a BA to get into a PA program. Any advice on where I should go with my AS? Do I finish and get a BA in Medical Technology? Or do I work into another program that would also give me my BA in two years? Can I go into PA with a BA in Medical Technology??

Members don't see this ad.

there are still many bs level programs left for pa's. check www.aapa.org for a list. you can always get the masters as a working pa.
cornell, stony brook, and rutgers are good programs. if looking at nj, also consider the pa programs across the river in philadelphia.

There are a few programs that allow you to get you BS, while attending PA school. Mercy College, LeMoyne, Daemen College, NY Institute of Technology, Hofstra Univeristy, RIT, SUNY Downstate are a few that offer a bachelors degree. Must suggestion is to look at www.aapa.org and look at programs by state.