PA programs on in NY/NJ area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tranquility

:::SMILE!!:::
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking into PA...anyone know of what schools in my area are good?

Also, I am currently in a med tech major. When I finish next year, I will only have my associates. I knwo you need a BA to get into a PA program. Any advice on where I should go with my AS? Do I finish and get a BA in Medical Technology? Or do I work into another program that would also give me my BA in two years? Can I go into PA with a BA in Medical Technology??
 
there are still many bs level programs left for pa's. check www.aapa.org for a list. you can always get the masters as a working pa.
cornell, stony brook, and rutgers are good programs. if looking at nj, also consider the pa programs across the river in philadelphia.
 
There are a few programs that allow you to get you BS, while attending PA school. Mercy College, LeMoyne, Daemen College, NY Institute of Technology, Hofstra Univeristy, RIT, SUNY Downstate are a few that offer a bachelors degree. Must suggestion is to look at www.aapa.org and look at programs by state.