PA programs on in NY/NJ area?

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by Tranquility, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Tranquility

Tranquility :::SMILE!!:::
    7+ Year Member

I am looking into PA...anyone know of what schools in my area are good?

Also, I am currently in a med tech major. When I finish next year, I will only have my associates. I knwo you need a BA to get into a PA program. Any advice on where I should go with my AS? Do I finish and get a BA in Medical Technology? Or do I work into another program that would also give me my BA in two years? Can I go into PA with a BA in Medical Technology??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    there are still many bs level programs left for pa's. check www.aapa.org for a list. you can always get the masters as a working pa.
    cornell, stony brook, and rutgers are good programs. if looking at nj, also consider the pa programs across the river in philadelphia.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    There are a few programs that allow you to get you BS, while attending PA school. Mercy College, LeMoyne, Daemen College, NY Institute of Technology, Hofstra Univeristy, RIT, SUNY Downstate are a few that offer a bachelors degree. Must suggestion is to look at www.aapa.org and look at programs by state.