I'm sure you have heard back by now. I got ahold of Cristina earlier this week and was anxiously waiting all yesterday... Found out that I was waitlisted, so I can't say that I'm completely upset. They told me my position and whatnot too, so I'm trying to stay optimistic.
Does anybody know if the order of admission for the waitlist at GFU is linear? (...in terms of position tier and number)
I called Laura the day of my rejection. I realize that it was still early to do so, but I needed closure (they were my first choice and I did everything and beyond in order to improve my application from last year). Not to mention I'm trying to improve my application ASAP if things don't work for me this cycle.
She said that last year, they entirely exhausted the waitlist (~80?) and they actually had to get ahold of people who they originally rejected. So to be on the safe side this year, they added 20 more to the waitlist... But based on that fact, I'd keep your head up as long as you're on their list of alternates.