Pacific Northwest PT School Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone seen any movement on the UW wait list?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would also like to know this...I'm wondering where they're at on the waitlist.
I know! Kind of hateful of them to tell us they go so deep in to the list but that we have to wait til late March to get an update haha.

Has anyone who interviewed at George Fox heard anything yet? The wait is killing me!

I'm sure you have heard back by now. I got ahold of Cristina earlier this week and was anxiously waiting all yesterday... Found out that I was waitlisted, so I can't say that I'm completely upset. They told me my position and whatnot too, so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Does anybody know if the order of admission for the waitlist at GFU is linear? (...in terms of position tier and number)

I know! Kind of hateful of them to tell us they go so deep in to the list but that we have to wait til late March to get an update haha.

I called Laura the day of my rejection. I realize that it was still early to do so, but I needed closure (they were my first choice and I did everything and beyond in order to improve my application from last year). Not to mention I'm trying to improve my application ASAP if things don't work for me this cycle.

She said that last year, they entirely exhausted the waitlist (~80?) and they actually had to get ahold of people who they originally rejected. So to be on the safe side this year, they added 20 more to the waitlist... But based on that fact, I'd keep your head up as long as you're on their list of alternates.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure you have heard back by now. I got ahold of Cristina earlier this week and was anxiously waiting all yesterday... Found out that I was waitlisted, so I can't say that I'm completely upset. They told me my position and whatnot too, so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Does anybody know if the order of admission for the waitlist at GFU is linear? (...in terms of position tier and number)

I called Laura the day of my rejection. I realize that it was still early to do so, but I needed closure (they were my first choice and I did everything and beyond in order to improve my application from last year). Not to mention I'm trying to improve my application ASAP if things don't work for me this cycle.

She said that last year, they entirely exhausted the waitlist (~80?) and they actually had to get ahold of people who they originally rejected. So to be on the safe side this year, they added 20 more to the waitlist... But based on that fact, I'd keep your head up as long as you're on their list of alternates.

Yeah, I've heard as well. I'm also on the wait list. I sure hope the way they go through the wait list is linear, I don't know why they'd give us numbers if they weren't going to start with number 1 and then go down the list. I wish the numbers that they've taken from the wait list in the past was more consistent. There's a big difference between taking 11 and taking 20 or 21. Good luck!

Yeah, I've heard as well. I'm also on the wait list. I sure hope the way they go through the wait list is linear, I don't know why they'd give us numbers if they weren't going to start with number 1 and then go down the list. I wish the numbers that they've taken from the wait list in the past was more consistent. There's a big difference between taking 11 and taking 20 or 21. Good luck!

I would imagine that it is too.
Unfortunately for me, I'm in tier 3.. Which doesn't sound like the best position to be in.
:/

Does anyone know how UW contacts people who are accepted off the waitlist and when? Does everyone wait until March 20th to hear anything or do they let accepted waitlisters know via snail mail or email?

Does anyone know how UW contacts people who are accepted off the waitlist and when? Does everyone wait until March 20th to hear anything or do they let accepted waitlisters know via snail mail or email?

Don't quote me on this, but I've been told that they've admitted waitlisted applicants until classes start. I know somebody who made it in halfway through the summer and she was waitlisted somewhere in the 40s.

I'm currently 11th on the wait list at idaho state university. Think I have a chance?

I'm currently 11th on the wait list at idaho state university. Think I have a chance?
I think so. You still have a few months before school starts. Is that your current position or original position?

I currently am holding my spot at ISU, but will most likely be giving it up once I know my husband's job situation and make my final school decision in 3 weeks. Hopefully that will help you get closer (Sorry--I feel bad for holding the spot, but I am waiting on factors outside of my control!)

The end of this thread has some more information on ISU's wait list and it looks like they should go deep enough for you to get in http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/idaho-state-univeristy.985812/#post-15135803

Good luck!

I think so. You still have a few months before school starts. Is that your current position or original position?

I currently am holding my spot at ISU, but will most likely be giving it up once I know my husband's job situation and make my final school decision in 3 weeks. Hopefully that will help you get closer (Sorry--I feel bad for holding the spot, but I am waiting on factors outside of my control!)

The end of this thread has some more information on ISU's wait list and it looks like they should go deep enough for you to get in http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/idaho-state-univeristy.985812/#post-15135803

Good luck!
Thank you so much for the reply!
I started at 21 and I called a few days ago and Nelda said I was currently 11. I know she said last year they went through 35 but I thought they'd go through a lot less this cycle. I'm just trying not to lose hope!

Don't worry about holding the spot, I would do the same in that situation. My wife and I have family in idaho and it would be such a blessing to be able to attend school at ISU.

Thanks for the link as well!
Best of luck to you too!!

Hey all those UW waitlist peeps:
I just spoke with Laura to see where they are at on the waitlist. She told me that unlike the past 5 years, this year almost everyone accepted their spot in the class. So, as of this morning they were at #8 on the waitlist trying to fill one spot and she said that spot has actually just been filled. She did say that they continue contacting waitlisters when needed even into September and that there is some shuffling around that may likely happen in the summer. But all in all it doesn't sound like they're going to be contacting a large amount of people from the waitlist.