Pacific over SCCO

Started by chester
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chester

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As I just mentioned in the Optometry School Entering Class Thread, I will be attending Pacific rather than SCCO. Most of this decision is based on the location of each school, cost of living, and Pacific's personality. My question is: are there any other Class of 2009 Pacific students out there??
 
chester said:
As I just mentioned in the Optometry School Entering Class Thread, I will be attending Pacific rather than SCCO. Most of this decision is based on the location of each school, cost of living, and Pacific's personality. My question is: are there any other Class of 2009 Pacific students out there??
I'm from Oregon and I know a few who'll be there this Fall. Good luck.
 
Great choice! I'll be starting at Pacific this fall as well 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was Pacific hard to get into? What type of OAT scores and GPA did you have?
 
RLK said:
Was Pacific hard to get into? What type of OAT scores and GPA did you have?

My OAT was low ~300 or so (average). My GPA was 3.1. Those are both low compared with other applicants, but what made me stand out was being an NCAA divison I athlete for 5 years in an academically challanging university.
 
RLK said:
Was Pacific hard to get into? What type of OAT scores and GPA did you have?
Hard to say how hard it is to get in to, as I don't know the qualifications of other applicants. Seems like they accept ~85 students out of ~ 300 or so applicants. Personally, I scored a 340 on the OAT (overall), with an undergraduate GPA of 3.1 and graduate GPA around 3.7 (I have a master's degree, this is a career change for me). Like most people will tell you, if you demonstrate a strong desire to go into optometry by spending a lot of time volunteering/shadowing, whatever, I think that will go a long way towards helping you get in. just my 2 cents.
 
chester said:
My OAT was low ~300 or so (average). My GPA was 3.1. Those are both low compared with other applicants, but what made me stand out was being an NCAA divison I athlete for 5 years in an academically challanging university.

Oh wow, that's awesome. What sport did you play?