Pacific over SCCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I just mentioned in the Optometry School Entering Class Thread, I will be attending Pacific rather than SCCO. Most of this decision is based on the location of each school, cost of living, and Pacific's personality. My question is: are there any other Class of 2009 Pacific students out there??

Members don't see this ad.

chester said:
As I just mentioned in the Optometry School Entering Class Thread, I will be attending Pacific rather than SCCO. Most of this decision is based on the location of each school, cost of living, and Pacific's personality. My question is: are there any other Class of 2009 Pacific students out there??
I'm from Oregon and I know a few who'll be there this Fall. Good luck.

Great choice! I'll be starting at Pacific this fall as well :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Was Pacific hard to get into? What type of OAT scores and GPA did you have?

RLK said:

My OAT was low ~300 or so (average). My GPA was 3.1. Those are both low compared with other applicants, but what made me stand out was being an NCAA divison I athlete for 5 years in an academically challanging university.

RLK said:
Hard to say how hard it is to get in to, as I don't know the qualifications of other applicants. Seems like they accept ~85 students out of ~ 300 or so applicants. Personally, I scored a 340 on the OAT (overall), with an undergraduate GPA of 3.1 and graduate GPA around 3.7 (I have a master's degree, this is a career change for me). Like most people will tell you, if you demonstrate a strong desire to go into optometry by spending a lot of time volunteering/shadowing, whatever, I think that will go a long way towards helping you get in. just my 2 cents.

chester said:
My OAT was low ~300 or so (average). My GPA was 3.1. Those are both low compared with other applicants, but what made me stand out was being an NCAA divison I athlete for 5 years in an academically challanging university.

Oh wow, that's awesome. What sport did you play?