Pacific Pride Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meggs

Dpr@v@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you interested: Pacific (fomer UOP ;)) will be hosting a Pacific Pride Day on April 9th. It's like an open house for those people interested in learning more about the school. There's more info on it's website. Just thought let you guys know....

Members don't see this ad.

Did they have to call it that? I wouldn't want to tell anyone I was going to San Francisco to participate in a "pride day" :laugh: -not trying to offend anyone, I just think it sounds funny-

USUaggie said:
Did they have to call it that? I wouldn't want to tell anyone I was going to San Francisco to participate in a "pride day" :laugh: -not trying to offend anyone, I just think it sounds funny-

Lol! I was thinking the same thing when I went last year. The scariest part of the tour was the gross anatomy lab. I wasn't paying attention to the tour guide when she said "don't go in if you're sensitive" and wandered right in... Well needless to say, the smell and the 40 lab benches with cadavers on them scared the **** out of me but when one of the doctors patted one of the corpses on the stomach...I knew they were harmless :p

Anyone heard about the Preclinical Simulation Course during April 23-24 at Pacific?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it worth going to? I'm accepted and I've already seen the school a few times... but is Pride day extra fun or interesting? Or just more of the same, tours, etc.?

EyeAmCommi said:
The scariest part of the tour was the gross anatomy lab. I wasn't paying attention to the tour guide when she said "don't go in if you're sensitive" and wandered right in... Well needless to say, the smell and the 40 lab benches with cadavers on them scared the **** out of me
This is off-topic, but want to hear something even more disturbing? I run classes occasionally at the University of Utah's cadaver lab, and some of the TAs there will handle cadavers and limbs for hours with no gloves, all the while sticking their hands in their pockets and brushing their hair back.

There's also a microwave in the lab, but I'll stop there.

dental pilot said:
Is it worth going to? I'm accepted and I've already seen the school a few times... but is Pride day extra fun or interesting? Or just more of the same, tours, etc.?

I don't think so. They just give you lunch, talk about their school, and give you a tour.