Pacific University Oregon Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey!!! I am also coming for Jan 22nd interview. Anyone from Chicago???

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone knows how many students gave interview at Pacific Uni, Oregon on one date????????????

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my invite yesterday for Jan 22nd. I'm psyched as heck. I'm coming from SoCal. Anybody else from SoCal?

I got my invite yesterday for Jan 22nd. I'm psyched as heck. I'm coming from SoCal. Anybody else from SoCal?

I got my invitation for Jan 22nd and I am flying from California too :)

I m sorry but dont knw how University select students for Interview........Dont worry they call 65 students for every date and there are still 2 dates available........So, I beleive they ll call 130 more students for the interview till March.......Have patience.......

I sent mine the same time. I was just curious to see if most of those invited to the Jan. 22nd interview submitted around the same time.

I did get the Jan. 22 interview...I think I forgot to put that. I was just wondering if the interview dates correspond with when we submitted our application. It appears that way because some other individuals I have asked said they submitted in October and received the Jan. 22nd invite as well. Oregon in 2 weeks!:)

I m sorry but dont knw how University select students for Interview........Dont worry they call 65 students for every date and there are still 2 dates available........So, I beleive they ll call 130 more students for the interview till March.......Have patience.......

Doesnt matter......they called 65 in one slot n accept 20 so highly competitive.....all we need to concentrate on our 100% best interview.....

I did get the Jan. 22 interview...I think I forgot to put that. I was just wondering if the interview dates correspond with when we submitted our application. It appears that way because some other individuals I have asked said they submitted in October and received the Jan. 22nd invite as well. Oregon in 2 weeks!:)

I've also got an interview on the 22nd. Very exciting =)

I got my invitation for Jan 22nd and I am flying from California too :)

I'm flying Alaska Airlines (Hopefully, I don't end up in Alaska...). Taking a shuttle to the hotel, which cost $90! I'm staying at a motel recommended by the school and got a discount if you mention you're there for an interview ($45).

How's your itinerary?

hey guys...I have a random question...how do you take a shuttle to the hotel? do you have to make reservations?

I am still debating on renting a car because I think it would be alot cheaper and I can leave whenever I want and not have to wait for the shuttle and possibly miss my interview...but I would like to just see what my other options are... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
see you guys on Saturday! I just got called from Kieran yesterday for the interview...apparently an extra spot opened up late. Good thing I'm a local boy and don't have to arrange a flight!

congradss to all the interviewers!! i got my invitation a few weeks ago so i wont be with all the other hopefulls.. I just had a quick question for the those people that already interviewed at pacific , how were the writting samples? do you by any chance remember what they were? any help you guys can provide me will be greatly appreciated!!! if anyone can help me through any of the interview questions other than the essays too.. This is my first and only interview and i am getting really nervous. I know being honest is the best route AND I WILL ABSOLUTELY HOLD TO THAT but preparing topics for answers in advance wouldnt hurt. Ive been practicing for the past week and think i am getting better, but i know that being in a room with individuals who hold the key to your futture will be very intimidating and can cause many mistakes (which hopeuflly wont happen) ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE WOULD BE GREATTTTTTTTT!!!!

Last edited:
hey guys...I have a random question...how do you take a shuttle to the hotel? do you have to make reservations?

I am still debating on renting a car because I think it would be alot cheaper and I can leave whenever I want and not have to wait for the shuttle and possibly miss my interview...but I would like to just see what my other options are... :)

I rented a car, and it was easy to drive since Hillsboro was only about 20 minutes away from the airport. However, there is a Max line that runs from PDX to Hillsboro and a lot of students utilized that. Its cheap too, I think. The stop would be Orenco Station if I remember correctly. Good luck!

I'm flying Alaska Airlines (Hopefully, I don't end up in Alaska...). Taking a shuttle to the hotel, which cost $90! I'm staying at a motel recommended by the school and got a discount if you mention you're there for an interview ($45).

How's your itinerary?

I will be leaving from SoCal on friday and will take shuttle to the hotel (haven't made any reservation for hotel yet)...bdw which motel are you staying at and is there a free shuttle service to campus on the interview day?

HI TO ALL,

GOOD LUCK for tomorrow's interview.......:)

congradss to all the interviewers!! i got my invitation a few weeks ago so i wont be with all the other hopefulls.. I just had a quick question for the those people that already interviewed at pacific , how were the writting samples? do you by any chance remember what they were? any help you guys can provide me will be greatly appreciated!!! if anyone can help me through any of the interview questions other than the essays too.. This is my first and only interview and i am getting really nervous. I know being honest is the best route AND I WILL ABSOLUTELY HOLD TO THAT but preparing topics for answers in advance wouldnt hurt. Ive been practicing for the past week and think i am getting better, but i know that being in a room with individuals who hold the key to your futture will be very intimidating and can cause many mistakes (which hopeuflly wont happen) ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE WOULD BE GREATTTTTTTTT!!!!

Trust me when i tell you this, I was very Nervous during my very 1st Interview at Western University(CA)[My ultimate dream school]. They invited me about 4 days before my interview date and I had finals that week and was not concentrating as much as I could. I was absolutely as scared as you were. I had practiced in the mirrors for hours on end, but come the interview, I drew a blank on most of the stuff I intended to say. I, too, thought that everything would be determined during the course of that one interview DAY. But, luckily one of the P3 host person had told me about his Horrendous interview and still got in. Then I realized that the Interview is NOT entirely a make it or break it kinda deal. Most people would tell you to be calm and try not to show your nerves and it's good to be, but don't kick yourself if you do show it cuz it's just normal!

Hey anyone from January 8th interview,I have interview on January 22nd, I want to know how was the interview (how was the interview questions, writing part and everything else, were you guys done by 3pm?)
Thank You!!!

Hey anyone from January 8th interview,I have interview on January 22nd, I want to know how was the interview (how was the interview questions, writing part and everything else, were you guys done by 3pm?)
Thank You!!!

I was from the November 13th interview, and I can give you my insight. It was very friendly and open. It felt like they were basically just trying to have us get to know them as a school. The interview itself is in parts: information session in the beginning, writing test, interview (mine was 2:1), and a team building activity. Don't stress out too much, just be yourself! They are very friendly and open to getting to know you. Oh, and I finished promptly at 3.

I was wondering if you by any chance remember any of the questions that they asked you?

I was wondering if you by any chance remember any of the questions that they asked you?

The school database page on SDN really helps when it comes to interview questions:

http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/pu/survey/32

As osubeavs stated, they are pretty generic.. mine pretty much consisted of:
-why pharmacy? why pacific?
-how do you work in teams?
-what was the latest non science book you read?
-what do you feel is the weakest factor on your application?

Hope that helps & good luck!

Yeah, all interview questions are pretty standard. So look at the practice Q's and think of some bullet points. Be prepared to think of at least 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses about yourself (although turn them into something positive).

see you guys on Saturday! I just got called from Kieran yesterday for the interview...apparently an extra spot opened up late. Good thing I'm a local boy and don't have to arrange a flight!

It could be from one my friends! She canceled her interview the day before :0) Good luck!! :luck::xf:

For those who have already been accepted, did Kieran call at exactly two weeks or did it differ for some of you? Also, I didn't see any at my interview on Sat, but does the program have any type of lab settings where we actually learn lab skills? I know at Minnesota where I interviewed they did, and I hear back from both at the same time so I was just wondering.

For those who have already been accepted, did Kieran call at exactly two weeks or did it differ for some of you? Also, I didn't see any at my interview on Sat, but does the program have any type of lab settings where we actually learn lab skills? I know at Minnesota where I interviewed they did, and I hear back from both at the same time so I was just wondering.

I got a call 6 days after my interview. And about the lab, I don't know. It would be good to know though. Please post if you find out!

I was from the November 13th interview, and I can give you my insight. It was very friendly and open. It felt like they were basically just trying to have us get to know them as a school. The interview itself is in parts: information session in the beginning, writing test, interview (mine was 2:1), and a team building activity. Don't stress out too much, just be yourself! They are very friendly and open to getting to know you. Oh, and I finished promptly at 3.

Thanks for the information!!!

i went to the january 8th interview, i got an email today from kieran saying i'm on committee hold, meaning my admission status is deferred. but i also got a interview invitation from long island university, which is my local school. i guess it made up.

Yeah, I just got the committee hold email too. Does anyone know what my chances are with this...? Pacific is my top choice because it's local, but I've been accepted to other schools, so I don't know if I want to wait around for Pacific to accept me or not...

Just got a phone call today saying that I was ACCEPTED!!!:D I had the Jan. 8th interview, so it only took 6 days for them to let me know. So stoked! Good luck to everyone else and I hope to see you all in the fall!

Wow, that was Fast! Congratulations! You must feel like a bunch of weight has lifted off your shoulders huh?

i went to the january 8th interview, i got an email today from kieran saying i'm on committee hold, meaning my admission status is deferred. but i also got a interview invitation from long island university, which is my local school. i guess it made up.

Oohh, so you didn't end up turning down your interview? How did you feel about the school since it seems that you had some negative thoughts about the 90% grades? I hope you ended up looking past that.

and congrats on your other school! :)

Yeah, I just got the committee hold email too. Does anyone know what my chances are with this...? Pacific is my top choice because it's local, but I've been accepted to other schools, so I don't know if I want to wait around for Pacific to accept me or not...

i heard the chances of being accepted in the future is not that high, at least i wouldn't count on it and get my hopes up for nothing. I've been accepted by 2 other pharmacy schools already and going to interview next tuesday with my first choice school lecom-erie and going to interview with my local school-long island university on february 3rd. I was sad for a bit and then i got over it because pacific is meant to be. what other schools did you get accepted into? are you interviewing at other schools, i think you should look at other choices.

Just got a phone call today saying that I was ACCEPTED!!!:D I had the Jan. 8th interview, so it only took 6 days for them to let me know. So stoked! Good luck to everyone else and I hope to see you all in the fall!

congrats

Oohh, so you didn't end up turning down your interview? How did you feel about the school since it seems that you had some negative thoughts about the 90% grades? I hope you ended up looking past that.

and congrats on your other school! :)

i like the school and people. they are super nice. i feel like even if they have a high benchmark, the attrition rate is 1.5%, if everyone else can do it, i can too. since i'm on committee hold, i need to look at other options. i have been accepted by two other schools already, going to my first choice school-lecom-erie interview next tuesday and going to long island university interview on 2-3-2011. (my local school). we'll see how those 2 schools turn out

is committee hold good or bad? how many got accepted from the january 8th interview? does anyone know? i'm going to look at other options and not wait around for pacific. what do you think of my list? lecom-erie is my number one.

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:):laugh:
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-committee hold
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of Pharmacy-still waiting

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/201:):love:
Presbyterian College-declined interview
Husson University-interview 02/04/2011:xf:
University of New England-03/04/2011:xf:
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-interview 02/03/2011:xf:
Idaho State University-still waiting
Concordia-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

Congrats!! I was also at the Jan. 8th interview and got the call of acceptance from Kieran yesterday, too! It's very exciting! :)

Committee hold. blah!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! : )

Congrats!! I was also at the Jan. 8th interview and got the call of acceptance from Kieran yesterday, too! It's very exciting! :)

Same here! Kieran called me on the 14th and told me I was accepted! :D Congrats!

I think almost everyone either gets accepted or put on committee hold. :eek:

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:)
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-committee hold
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18-accepted 01/26 and attending:laugh::love:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of Pharmacy-still waiting

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/2011:laugh:
Presbyterian College-declined interview
Husson University-interview 02/04/2011:xf:
University of New England-03/04/2011:xf:
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-interview 02/03/2011:xf:
Idaho State University-still waiting
Concordia-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!:)

South university-savannah-interview 11/5-deferred until march :( but:xf:
University of maryland eastern shore-interview 11/18-accepted 12/06/2010:)
sullivan university-rejected
pacific university in oregon-interview 01/08-committee hold
lecom-erie-interview 01/18-accepted 01/26 and attending:laugh::love:
Mcphs-worcester-hold until fall grades
appalachian college of pharmacy-still waiting

my application status out of all the traditional 4 year programs i applied to:

Western new england college of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/2011:laugh:
Presbyterian college-declined interview
husson university-interview 02/04/2011:xf:
University of new england-03/04/2011:xf:
University of oklahoma-still waiting
nova-still waiting
mercer-still waiting
long island university-interview 02/03/2011:xf:
Idaho state university-still waiting
concordia-still waiting
lipscomb-still waiting
belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

Congratulations you guys! Have anyone else heard? The waiting is so hard...