Pacific University OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT4ME

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard from Pacific University OT? What responses did you guys get? I'm currently wait listed and wanted to see where other applicants were at.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, did you get accepted? What was the interview like?

I recently submitted the Unofficial prerequisite worksheet to them. how soon did you all hear from them after submitting that form?

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently submitted the Unofficial prerequisite worksheet to them. how soon did you all hear from them after submitting that form?

Hi Broncs, where are you in the application process, are you wait listed?
I submitted my application along with those forms about a month ago but I haven't heard anything yet.

Hey all I was just wondering if the 2-page essay should be single or double spaced! All of the other essays I've had to write were double spaced, about 2 pages. Single spaced seems quite long!

Has anybody heard anything from Pacific???

Has anybody heard anything from Pacific???

When did you turn in your app? I got an email that all information was received but haven't heard anything beyond that.

I just got my email for interview from Pacific!! Now its time to mentally prepare....anybody else get one?

I turned my application near the December deadline and I haven't heard anything back:scared:I talked to John to see if my application was complete or not, he said that they're not contacting unless we're missing a document. So I'm really worried:(

I just got an email for an interview earlier this week, so don't lose hope!

It's in two weeks. Have you had yours already?

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned my application near the December deadline and I haven't heard anything back:scared:I talked to John to see if my application was complete or not, he said that they're not contacting unless we're missing a document. So I'm really worried:(

I know the feeling!! I haven't heard anything yet either!! Does anyone know how late they are having interviews until?? Also how did you receive notification for an interview?? Im keeping my fingers crossed!!

I know the feeling!! I haven't heard anything yet either!! Does anyone know how late they are having interviews until?? Also how did you receive notification for an interview?? Im keeping my fingers crossed!!

They sent out the interview invite through email to me. Maybe send them an email to ask? From what I understand decisions are supposed to be made by mid-march but I'm not totally certain.

Just got my 1st rejection letter from Pacific! :( boo! It was my first choice!:mad:

I got my letter today...I was waitlisted. Not giving up though!!!

Has anyone been accepted into Pacific OT for this August? I was notified after my February interview and am interested in finding some of those students I'll be meeting at orientation.

Last edited:
Has anyone been accepted into Pacific OT for this August? I was notified after my February interview and am interested in finding some of those students I'll be meeting at orientation.

Hey, I was wondering, how long after your interview did they notify you of your acceptance?? thanks so much!

I was notified less than a week after my interview but some were notified a few weeks later. Did you interview last weekend?

I was notified less than a week after my interview but some were notified a few weeks later. Did you interview last weekend?

Yes! I sure did! I am so nervous and anxious to hear something. I hope I hear something soon :)

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how were you notified of acceptance? through email? thanks again!

Did they mention if there would be additional interviews? I haven't heard back from them, since my application was confirmed. I am just hoping there is still a chance to even interview!

I haven't heard back from Pacific either for anything.

I haven't heard anything either. I emailed Jon yesterday to see if all the interview invitations have been given out yet. I will let you know if I hear from him.

Hey everyone, I know for sure that there is going to be another interview day some time in March. So don't worry!! good luck to everyone :)

I got an email back from Jon this morning. He said they have been reviewing applications daily and will be sending out information to people throughout the week. Hopefully its's positive information! :xf:

I know there is another batch of interviews in early March. I went to the Feb interviews and thought it went well. I am hoping to hear if I am accepted by the second week of March. This waiting is so hard!

I received my denial letter to Pacific on Thursday. I am so bummed! This was my number one school and I only live about 15 mins from campus. I didn't even get an interview. :mad:

I am so sorry. It is never easy to hear that. I haven't heard from any of the schools and waiting is so hard. You do live in a beautiful area! Where else have you applied to?

WSU...I am so sorry about not getting accepted. It is really hard and applying to grad school is difficult and time consuming as is. I wish you luck and hope you get into another school. Maybe you can also apply again next year.

Good Luck to everyone, and I hope we all get into a school.

I too hope that we all get into a school! Even if it's not our first choice, I am sure that all our choices are good and will prepare us to be great OTs.

Yes, I totally agree!

Has anyone gotten accepted to Pacific yet?? What about other colleges? :) Any Interviews?

I am so sorry. It is never easy to hear that. I haven't heard from any of the schools and waiting is so hard. You do live in a beautiful area! Where else have you applied to?

I have applied to EWU, UPS, Pacific, Midwestern, and Samuel Merritt. This is my 3rd year applying and so far over the course of 3 years, I have been denied 17 times. My only 2 hopes this year are EWU and UPS, but I am not expecting anything different this year. I am losing the motivation to apply because I am so tired of being denied. I have tried to improve my GPA and do all the things I am told, yet I still get denied. It is so frustrating. I don't know if I want to apply next year. Even though I have wanted to do this since I was 13, it will be hard for me to apply next year since I am losing the hope of ever getting into school. :mad:

Good luck to everyone though! :)

I have applied to EWU, UPS, Pacific, Midwestern, and Samuel Merritt. This is my 3rd year applying and so far over the course of 3 years, I have been denied 17 times. My only 2 hopes this year are EWU and UPS, but I am not expecting anything different this year. I am losing the motivation to apply because I am so tired of being denied. I have tried to improve my GPA and do all the things I am told, yet I still get denied. It is so frustrating. I don't know if I want to apply next year. Even though I have wanted to do this since I was 13, it will be hard for me to apply next year since I am losing the hope of ever getting into school. :mad:

WSUCoug2010, can I ask what your stats are? This is my first year applying and I'm starting to realize that I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I've already received two rejection letters (I applied to 8 schools) and I'm not expecting good news from the others. Even before I hear back from the other schools, I'm already planning on enrolling in a community college to retake my prereqs that I've gotten B's in. :(

I'm really sorry that you did not get into Pacific but don't let it get you down! If you're that passionate about becoming an OT, it will happen. When it does, you will be that much stronger for having to persevere and you'll be able to motivate your patients by discussing your own strength!!

:( I know how you feel... This is my 2nd year applying and I got my Pacific U. rejection on Friday without even interviewing. I have interviews for Univ. St. Augustine and EWU, but I seriously just want a definite: CONGRATS, WE HAVE ADMITTED YOU. It would be a huge relief, and then I could finally focus on being an epic clinician.

Did you get interviews for SMU or Midwestern?

Yes, I totally agree!

Has anyone gotten accepted to Pacific yet?? What about other colleges? :) Any Interviews?
I am like you-just waiting to hear from Pacific. This waiting is so hard. I think I remember they saying at the interview in early Feb that after the March interviews they will let us know. Is that what you remember?

I have been accepted to Pacific! yay! Has anyone else been accepted? I am so excited to start in August :)

I believe we have till March to be accepted so there's still some time! Good luck everyone!

I am still waiting to hear from Pacific. I thought that the acceptances would be mailed after the second group of interviews, but guess not since you have already heard. Congrats on your acceptance! I was thrilled to have been accepted to U of Puget Sound however, which was one of my top choices. Still hoping to get into Pacific and then a decision will have to be made. Getting an OTD vs MOT is a plus I think. Are you for sure going to Pacific or waiting for other acceptances?

I also got that e-mail from Pacific saying they would decide after the second group of interviews- I think that means there is still a shot for us, Toby Tulsa! Good luck :)

Pacific is having the second round of interviews this weekend so hopefully you guys hear soon! Good luck!

I am still waiting to hear from Pacific. I thought that the acceptances would be mailed after the second group of interviews, but guess not since you have already heard. Congrats on your acceptance! I was thrilled to have been accepted to U of Puget Sound however, which was one of my top choices. Still hoping to get into Pacific and then a decision will have to be made. Getting an OTD vs MOT is a plus I think. Are you for sure going to Pacific or waiting for other acceptances?

Thank you sooo much and congrats to you too!! I am for sure going to Pacific since that was my top choice! I hope you get into Pacific as well :) But those are both great programs. I wonder if you are one of the girls that was in my group at the Feb interview day. Anyway, good luck to all and congrats again Toby for getting into a program.

Pacific is having the second round of interviews this weekend so hopefully you guys hear soon! Good luck!

Hey - has anyone been invited to these second round of interviews? I spoke with Erik on Monday and he said they were deciding that day if they were going to def. hold the second round of interviews and that I wold hear one way or the other this week. I haven't heard anything which I am guessing is not a great sign but just thought I'd check in if anyone else has been invited to these. Thanks!

Good to know!!! This waiting will soon be over. Good luck to you and please post your results once we know! Have you been accepted anywhere else?

Good to know!!! This waiting will soon be over. Good luck to you and please post your results once we know! Have you been accepted anywhere else?

Toby....Did you decide on U of Puget Sound? or are you still waiting to hear from Pacific? :)

still haven't heard from Pacific. I was told that they were sending out notifications at the end of this week or next. Do you know of anyone else who has been accepted to Pacific and what deadline did they give you for you to submit payment to secure your acceptance?

still haven't heard from Pacific. I was told that they were sending out notifications at the end of this week or next. Do you know of anyone else who has been accepted to Pacific and what deadline did they give you for you to submit payment to secure your acceptance?

Ya, I know of one more person that got in and they gave us about a week to respond after they sent the acceptance letters. I hope you here soon! :)

Congrats again about your other acceptance, do they give you longer to reply?