Pacific University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryan81873

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of all the schools I have applied to, Pacific University is the only one that I have not gotten an interview from, as a matter of fact they have not sent a thing to me since my application was submitted, even after I have emailed them and asked for some kind of update on my status. I have heard stories from other students about them not communicating well, and students actually having interviews offered to them but they never sent them a letter, just after the student asks for an update they had said "Oh yes we have your letter right here, lets get that sent out to you". I know its all stories and who knows what's true or not, but so far their communication seems really non existent, with me anyway. I was curious, is anyone else in a similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

That's odd. The communication between Pacific & myself was always prompt. If you don't mind my asking, when did you apply? I do know that the later in the cycle it is, the more busy the schools are, and things tend to get slowed down.

It took puco about 2 months to respond after i submitted my supplemental but eventaully they did through email. be sure to check ur spam folder because the email sent to me and to one other person at my interview ended up in our spam folder for some reason. I would just call and email Janelle if you have questions. she was really helpful when u can finally get a hold of her!

Members don't see this ad :)
Of all the schools I have applied to, Pacific University is the only one that I have not gotten an interview from, as a matter of fact they have not sent a thing to me since my application was submitted, even after I have emailed them and asked for some kind of update on my status. I have heard stories from other students about them not communicating well, and students actually having interviews offered to them but they never sent them a letter, just after the student asks for an update they had said "Oh yes we have your letter right here, lets get that sent out to you". I know its all stories and who knows what's true or not, but so far their communication seems really non existent, with me anyway. I was curious, is anyone else in a similar situation?

Have you also completed their supplemental application? I know I assumed my application was finished when it wasn't because there was a whole other part to PUCO's application.

Janelle was very prompt in returning my emails, this is really surprising to hear!

Thanks everyone that was very helpful, and I applied late November. I guess I'll shoot them a phone call. I was just curious if it was just me or if other people got this. Thanks again!

this is really odd, bc as soon as i sent in my supplemental someone emailed me and said itll be 1 week until i hear about my interview status. exactly one week later, someone called me to schedule and interview.

at the interview they said it would be 1-2 weeks to hear about admission and a week later janelle called me.

so from my experience with their admissions office i would say theyre really on top of their stuff.

call and demand to have you paperwork looked at!

this is really odd, bc as soon as i sent in my supplemental someone emailed me and said itll be 1 week until i hear about my interview status. exactly one week later, someone called me to schedule and interview.

at the interview they said it would be 1-2 weeks to hear about admission and a week later janelle called me.

so from my experience with their admissions office i would say theyre really on top of their stuff.

Yeah this is exactly what happened to me. Part of the reason I decided to go to PUCO was because I was so impressed with their communication and how much they seemed to care about me and my application. My interview e-mail also ended up in the spam folder, so check there or call Janelle, she is awesome and will certainly help you out. Good luck!

When I applied to PUCO, I noted that I would be taking another OAT in Nov. I submitted my app probably mid to late October.

Then I got a letter of rejection before I even took that OAT. I spoke with Janelle and she was basically like "call me after the winter break and we'll talk strategy". Sooo I guess my numbers weren't good enough in the first place and no OAT score was going to save me? BUT, I'm still kind of weary of the place. How can you deal out rejections like that based on a technically incomplete app?

Communication was always prompt with me. I received a call both for the interview invite as well as the acceptance...followed by e-mail and snail mail for both. Definitely make sure you have completed the supplemental and the paid the supplemental fee (I think $25?). If anything, shoot Janelle an e-mail or call...she is very good with responding right away.