Packing books for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pe2016

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I was going through things, I found my embryology book from my last year of college along with my anatomy coloring book and my MCAT books. Is it worth it to bring any of these? Would they help me review concepts better and quicker than just reading off med school books? I'm especially weak in biochemistry and thought maybe the MCAT book would be a good resource to have around. I would really appreciate the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

IMO: No and no to embryology and anatomy coloring book (get a real anatomy book), and hell no to the MCAT books.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
No. The Anatomy book is likely not in sufficient depth, and you'll probably get an Atlas anyway, the Embryo book might be in too much depth (at least mine was), and the MCAT books will be useless. The biochem contained for the most part will not be what you need in med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
You aren't even going to use the assigned books unless you have a pathologist professor that picks minutia from Robbins to test on. You'll do what the rest of us did. Pump and dump ppts while using a google search for explanations when they aren't sufficient

Definitely a no. Focus on your medical school material.

If it's the Netters anatomy coloring book then sure you can use it. I found it somewhat helpful to reinforce stuff. The rest of those books will be useless for sure.

Thank you all for the advice! I actually realized my embryology book is an older edition of the one required for school so I'll just be taking that.