Paid ADA practice exam

Glaucisxtra

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the paid ADA practice exams offered on the ADA website?
Were they helpful? Do they go over the answers once complete? Are they pdf documents or are they timed like the Kaplan ones?

I am not talking about the old ADA practice exam floating around here, that exam was not helpful at all... the questions from that exam actually showed up on the tutorial section on the real oat when I took it yesterday.

I’m trying to find new study material and was recommended using chads and some other resources but I’m wondering specifically about these ADA practice exams offered directly from their website.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering the same thing and having a hard time finding more info. Did you ever find anything out about this?

So I decided to go ahead and do the $100 ADA practice exam and figured I'd share my experience for anyone who is in the same boat. It is online, timed with test-day timing. It is representative of the actual test on every section except reading comp which only had two passages and a total of 25 questions. The time was shortened accordingly. You have the option of seeing the correct answers as you take the test. I went through each section without checking and tried to rush through in the last few minutes to look at the answers but didn't want to check every single one as I was taking it. It was helpful to see the kinds of questions they asked and found them much more reasonable than the ones I've been used to from my Kaplan prep course, however; not being able to go back upon completion of the test to review answers is a flaw that I feel should be addressed. How are we supposed to learn from our mistakes without being able to spend any time reviewing the answers? Overall, I think it was good to see their types of questions, but until I actually take the OAT in a few weeks, it's hard to judge if the test was representative of the real thing. I hope it is! But also hope it doesn't give me a false sense of security. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

So I decided to go ahead and do the $100 ADA practice exam and figured I'd share my experience for anyone who is in the same boat. It is online, timed with test-day timing. It is representative of the actual test on every section except reading comp which only had two passages and a total of 25 questions. The time was shortened accordingly. You have the option of seeing the correct answers as you take the test. I went through each section without checking and tried to rush through in the last few minutes to look at the answers but didn't want to check every single one as I was taking it. It was helpful to see the kinds of questions they asked and found them much more reasonable than the ones I've been used to from my Kaplan prep course, however; not being able to go back upon completion of the test to review answers is a flaw that I feel should be addressed. How are we supposed to learn from our mistakes without being able to spend any time reviewing the answers? Overall, I think it was good to see their types of questions, but until I actually take the OAT in a few weeks, it's hard to judge if the test was representative of the real thing. I hope it is! But also hope it doesn't give me a false sense of security. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Hey was the paid one had similar questions like the free one? or was it completely a new test?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey was the paid one had similar questions like the free one? or was it completely a new test?
It ended up being more similar than different. The physics sections were basically identical (same exact questions) which was disappointing. The other sections were different but I would say the difficulty was comparable between the two. The paid one may have been a slightly better representation of the real test but I'm not sure I'd say it was really with the $100!

It ended up being more similar than different. The physics sections were basically identical (same exact questions) which was disappointing. The other sections were different but I would say the difficulty was comparable between the two. The paid one may have been a slightly better representation of the real test but I'm not sure I'd say it was really with the $100!

Thank you!