AndiB

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2005
43
0
Status
hey everyone, i apologize if this question has already been asked but...do all specialties except oral and maxilo surg. require one to pay tuition? im assuming it depends on the program you go to (community hostpial vs university) but assuming that you have to pay, how could you even begin to pay your entire dental school education off? if you have to pay tuition, are the hours ok (9-5) such that you could work during the evening to earn some kind of income? thanks a bunch!
 

MD2b20004

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2003
365
0
40
Visit site
Status
AndiB said:
hey everyone, i apologize if this question has already been asked but...do all specialties except oral and maxilo surg. require one to pay tuition? im assuming it depends on the program you go to (community hostpial vs university) but assuming that you have to pay, how could you even begin to pay your entire dental school education off? if you have to pay tuition, are the hours ok (9-5) such that you could work during the evening to earn some kind of income? thanks a bunch!
My friends who did GPR and Peds got paid. And NO you got no time to work, they were burnt out as it is. And the loans can always be deferred.
 

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
8,392
36
Indianapolis
Status
Attending Physician, Dentist
MD2b20004 said:
My friends who did GPR and Peds got paid. And NO you got no time to work, they were burnt out as it is. And the loans can always be deferred.
Friendly suggestion to the OP:

Take the advice of someone who starts every dental-related post...

My friends who did GPR and Peds
...with a big grain of salt.
 
About the Ads

FreshBreath

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
95
1
Beantown, USA
Status
Dental Student
aphistis said:
Friendly suggestion to the OP:

Take the advice of someone who starts every dental-related post...


...with a big grain of salt.
I am sure this is redundant but is there a website with different GPR's and they pay?
 

MD2b20004

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2003
365
0
40
Visit site
Status
aphistis said:
Friendly suggestion to the OP:

Take the advice of someone who starts every dental-related post...


...with a big grain of salt.
Edited. Was unprofessional in initial response to the OP quoted which he instigated something that should not have taken place because I was responding from my knowledge to the original OP and did not really ask for his unwanted opinion or useless advice. This is a professional site so I edited the previous response to his post. Like they say do not argue with idiots because it will bring you down to their level and they will beat you at it from experience...

Take Care all
 

scalpel2008

beep beep beep...smash
10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
573
4
Status
Resident [Any Field]
quite a juvenile response there. per your avatar you have 17998 years left before you get your MD. Is that the extended program?
 

unlvdmd

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
423
1
Las Vegas
Status
scalpel2008 said:
quite a juvenile response there. per your avatar you have 17998 years left before you get your MD. Is that the extended program?
HA!!!!! Funniest thing I have heard all night. But you're competing with Regis and David Hasselhoff on this horrible TV talent show. Is this the crap I have been missing my DS2 year?
 

Prosdoc

New Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
5
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There are many residencies of varying specialties that are paid. I'm currently a third year pros resident and here at OSU, they waive tuition and give us a stipend. There were other programs though that had no stipend and did require the resident to pay tuition. As far as previous loans, those are still in deferment as long as you are a resident
 

rarm1

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
741
7
delaware
Status
Dentist
The Amereican Dental Assoc has a list of all programs. tuition/salary vary with each and change each year. Best to check with the program and current residents.

Most OMS, GPRs pay, many AEGDs pay... other programs are often no salary and you pay tuition. Our program pays the mid $40,000 with many benefits.

Loans are deferable....

Key is what you want and how hard are you willing to work. Post grad dental school programs often have weekends/evenings off to work..BUT readings may make that hard. Hospital programs there is generally no time for moonlighting.. and often its banned.

Again speak to former and current trainees and see what they say.
 

MD2b20004

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2003
365
0
40
Visit site
Status
rarm1 said:
The Amereican Dental Assoc has a list of all programs. tuition/salary vary with each and change each year. Best to check with the program and current residents.

Most OMS, GPRs pay, many AEGDs pay... other programs are often no salary and you pay tuition. Our program pays the mid $40,000 with many benefits.

Loans are deferable....

Key is what you want and how hard are you willing to work. Post grad dental school programs often have weekends/evenings off to work..BUT readings may make that hard. Hospital programs there is generally no time for moonlighting.. and often its banned.

Again speak to former and current trainees and see what they say.
Wow, I never thought we have high up executives on this forum, thanks for the contribution.
 
About the Ads