Pain Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone start applying already for pain?

I havent yet.

Most websites say thye need the info by November or Sept...but I've heard ppl applied already !!

What's the scoop?

Members don't see this ad.

incredible variability

most you want to get them in by march/april

in general, ucla, texas tech, and davis want theirs super early (ie, Jan/Feb, March is pushing it)

this may have changed in the past year

incredible variability

most you want to get them in by march/april

in general, ucla, texas tech, and davis want theirs super early (ie, Jan/Feb, March is pushing it)

this may have changed in the past year

This still holds true as of last cycle. UCLA, Davis and TT all started accepting applications in Feb. All 3 were still taking applications in April, but started interviewing outside applicants in late May/early June. Their spots fill early too, so time is of the essence. You are probably OK through early April, but I wouldn't push it beyond that. The interview season as a whole is highly variable, but if you don't have your stuff in by late May anywhere you want to go you are behind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone start applying already for pain?

I havent yet.

Most websites say thye need the info by November or Sept...but I've heard ppl applied already !!

What's the scoop?

The previous posters are correct. Also, by November, most programs have finished INTERVIEWING and are filling spots. If you start now, you MAY have enough time. This was such a time consuming project. I probably spent 40-50 hours on the application process...calling programs (many have different documentation requirements), writing the essay, talking to people/asking for letters of recommendation, typing applications, etc., etc.! I applied to alot of programs (wanted to cast a wide net), so I probably spent more time on it than some, but it's still a pain in the behind!

The previous posters are correct. Also, by November, most programs have finished INTERVIEWING and are filling spots. If you start now, you MAY have enough time. This was such a time consuming project. I probably spent 40-50 hours on the application process...calling programs (many have different documentation requirements), writing the essay, talking to people/asking for letters of recommendation, typing applications, etc., etc.! I applied to alot of programs (wanted to cast a wide net), so I probably spent more time on it than some, but it's still a pain in the behind!

Apply as early as possible... call the programs that you are interested in and ask when they accept applications. This date is NOT uniform for all programs...