Pain Management Procedures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I'm a research coordinator and I want to go watch some procedures in our clinic.. but alas, I'm still a pre-med (applying right now) and I don't know all the names for the procedures. I got a list of procedures off the schedule and was wondering if someone can define these for me so I can decide which ones I want to watch.

Thanks,
Christine

Lido infus = Lidocaine infusion
CDL?
Hyalgan Injection
CES/F
Caudal VS LES
SNRB/F VS CDL/F
Joint Injection/MULT- RS
SPDX LES/F
TPI SFONLY
Disco SPDX
SPDX- TES
SPDX CES/F - OS/Films

If you can explain these to me I'd love you forever.. thanks guys!
 
while these abbreviations are sort of cryptic, but i can help you with some of them.

lido infus- lidocaine infusion
cdl- caudal?
ces/f - cervical epidural steroid injection with fluoro
LES- lumbar epidural steroid injection
LES/f - lumbar epidural steroid injection with fluoro
SNRB- selective nerve root block
TPI - trigger point injections
disco - discogram?
IDET- intradiscal electrothermal annuloplasty
HYALGAN inject- inject usually into the knee for OA

hope this helps.




PreMedAdAG said:
Lido infus = Lidocaine infusion
CDL?
Hyalgan Injection
CES/F
Caudal VS LES
SNRB/F VS CDL/F
Joint Injection/MULT- RS
SPDX LES/F
TPI SFONLY
Disco SPDX
SPDX- TES
SPDX CES/F - OS/Films

If you can explain these to me I'd love you forever.. thanks guys!
 
sleepydoc said:
while these abbreviations are sort of cryptic, but i can help you with some of them.

lido infus- lidocaine infusion
cdl- caudal?
ces/f - cervical epidural steroid injection with fluoro
LES- lumbar epidural steroid injection
LES/f - lumbar epidural steroid injection with fluoro
SNRB- selective nerve root block
TPI - trigger point injections
disco - discogram?
IDET- intradiscal electrothermal annuloplasty
HYALGAN inject- inject usually into the knee for OA

hope this helps.
Thank you sooooo much.. wow... 😍 one day I hope i can translate all this for a lowly pre-med!!