Pain Mgmt Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BuddhaCanooda

BC, Yr 3
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw that OSU has a pain management fellowship. What other programs around the country offer pain mgmt with a neurology prereq? It sounds like a pretty sweet deal (if there are more pain programs) since the neuro pool is especially small to start with 🙂

BC
 
Most of the neuro pain fellowships are not interventional or are still in their infancy. I completed an ACGME anesth fellowship and am happy I did.
 
I presume you did neuro residency? How difficult was it to get an anesth. pain fellowship coming from Neuro?

BC
 
I presume you did neuro residency? How difficult was it to get an anesth. pain fellowship coming from Neuro?

It wasn't that difficult. Just cast a wide net. I applied to 25 programs, got 8 interviews (including a few "big name" programs) and was accepted at my #1 choice. Fortunately, some of the better programs are interested in having multidisciplinary fellows. One of my friends did have to apply twice, but also ended up at a top program.