Pain Mgmt Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BuddhaCanooda

BC, Yr 3
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw that OSU has a pain management fellowship. What other programs around the country offer pain mgmt with a neurology prereq? It sounds like a pretty sweet deal (if there are more pain programs) since the neuro pool is especially small to start with :)

BC

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the neuro pain fellowships are not interventional or are still in their infancy. I completed an ACGME anesth fellowship and am happy I did.

I presume you did neuro residency? How difficult was it to get an anesth. pain fellowship coming from Neuro?

BC

I presume you did neuro residency? How difficult was it to get an anesth. pain fellowship coming from Neuro?

It wasn't that difficult. Just cast a wide net. I applied to 25 programs, got 8 interviews (including a few "big name" programs) and was accepted at my #1 choice. Fortunately, some of the better programs are interested in having multidisciplinary fellows. One of my friends did have to apply twice, but also ended up at a top program.