BuddhaCanooda

BC, Yr 3
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I saw that OSU has a pain management fellowship. What other programs around the country offer pain mgmt with a neurology prereq? It sounds like a pretty sweet deal (if there are more pain programs) since the neuro pool is especially small to start with :)

BC

PainDr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2003
Status (Visible)
Most of the neuro pain fellowships are not interventional or are still in their infancy. I completed an ACGME anesth fellowship and am happy I did.

BuddhaCanooda

BC, Yr 3
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I presume you did neuro residency? How difficult was it to get an anesth. pain fellowship coming from Neuro?

BC

PainDr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2003
Status (Visible)
I presume you did neuro residency? How difficult was it to get an anesth. pain fellowship coming from Neuro?

It wasn't that difficult. Just cast a wide net. I applied to 25 programs, got 8 interviews (including a few "big name" programs) and was accepted at my #1 choice. Fortunately, some of the better programs are interested in having multidisciplinary fellows. One of my friends did have to apply twice, but also ended up at a top program.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.