Palm Beach Atlantic University - PBA class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you mkatmem and ArenPharm.D2018!! I really appreciate your quick replies. Hopefully they will contact everyone soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on January 31st, I think my interview went great. It was laid back and I love the atmosphere. Still waiting to see if I'm accepted. Can't keep mind off it.
Lol I feel your pain :( hopefully we all get in, the group we were in were all great!!!

We will hear by Friday. I hope everyone gets good news. Today was the deadline for pba applications

Members don't see this ad :)
I find myself checking in often to keep up with all your status lol.
:)

lol be careful with that acceptance call!!! It can be very dangerous..lol.! Self experience: When I received mine I went running to tell my mom and sadly twisted my middle toe. I had to go to physics lab at night that same day with lots of pain and walking very ackward lol

lol be careful with that acceptance call!!! It can be very dangerous..lol.! Self experience: When I received mine I went running to tell my mom and sadly twisted my middle toe. I had to go to physics lab at night that same day with lots of pain and walking very ackward lol
Hurray I'm in too!!! I hope everyone got great news! Good luck to all of you and GSOP 2018 here I come :))))

Reactions: 1 users
yayyyy =)))))!!!!!! celebrate it!!!!!!! congrats!!!

I received an interview invitation for the 28th of February last week! I'm so nervous!! I checked my email today and noticed I had received an email from Rose. Does anyone know what a Professionalism Assessment is? Is this the math/chemistry exam that previous threads mentioned??

I received an interview invitation for the 28th of February last week! I'm so nervous!! I checked my email today and noticed I had received an email from Rose. Does anyone know what a Professionalism Assessment is? Is this the math/chemistry exam that previous threads mentioned??
I sent you a conversation.. you will be fine. It will be the best interview trust me :)

I am part of PBA class of 2018!!! Congrats to those who were also accepted! Good luck to those who are either awaiting their status or scheduled for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woohoo! I just got the call :soexcited:

Although this is my second choice, I wish PBA gave accepted students more than two weeks to decide whether or not they want to attend their program. I'm still hoping to get an interview invitation from USF:xf:

Hey guys! This is my first time on this site! I'm so nervous, my interview is on Friday, March 7th! I'm freaking out, lol. I'm so nervous about what to wear, the entire interview process and the professional assessment? Anyone who's already gone through the interview, what were the questions like? And what was the assessment about? Ahhh, I'm seriously going to psych myself out lol. But I'm so, so excited and happy they extended an invite!!!

Woohoo! I just got the call :soexcited:

Although this is my second choice, I wish PBA gave accepted students more than two weeks to decide whether or not they want to attend their program. I'm still hoping to get an interview invitation from USF:xf:
All schools do this because they want you to pay your nonreturnable deposit.

Professional assessment? I got my letter stating there was a Professional assessment, and I am a bit concerned at what that entails?

Hey! Congrats on getting accepted!! My interview is on Friday, I'm so nervous! I was wondering how the assessment was?

All schools do this because they want you to pay your nonreturnable deposit.
Yeah, I know...but it just seems a bit unfair considering that they are asking for such a large sum of money in such a short period of time. Also, though understandably, many schools count the deposits towards tuition for the fall semester, many students end up committing to a school they don't really want to go to, to find out that later, they got into their top choice.

Yes, I also understand that many schools ask for such hefty deposits to make sure only students who really want to attend their program, end up paying the deposits. This strategy that they employ makes the playing field fair for those students who really want to attend, but have not received their interviews yet.

I guess, all in all, I shouldn't expect to be able to spend any money on myself for the next few years or so...bring on the student loans. :lame:

Last edited:
Hey! Congrats on getting accepted!! My interview is on Friday, I'm so nervous! I was wondering how the assessment was?

Congrats on getting an interview invitation :) Honestly, there is no need to be nervous... you received a interview invitation because they obviously saw potential in you as a student. The professional assessment is more like a survey and less like a test. The students and faculty at PBA were all so welcoming, I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck to you!

**Many girls wore a blazer with either a fancy top underneath or a dress shirt. Underneath, they either wore dress pants or a professional looking pencil skirt. I personally wore a blazer, a fancy top (hate wearing dress shirts...makes me feel manly), and skinny black dress pants with heels.

Yeah, I know...but it just seems a bit unfair considering that they are asking for such a large sum of money in such a short period of time. Also, though understandably, many schools count the deposits towards tuition for the fall semester, many students end up committing to a school they don't really want to go to, to find out that later, they got into their top choice.

Yes, I also understand that many schools ask for such hefty deposits to make sure only students who really want to attend their program, end up paying the deposits. This strategy that they employ makes the playing field fair for those students who really want to attend, but have not received their interviews yet.

I guess, all in all, I shouldn't expect to be able to spend any money on myself for the next few years or so...bring on the student loans. :lame:
That's private school for you.

Congrats on getting an interview invitation :) Honestly, there is no need to be nervous... you received a interview invitation because they obviously saw potential in you as a student. The professional assessment is more like a survey and less like a test. The students and faculty at PBA were all so welcoming, I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck to you!

**Many girls wore a blazer with either a fancy top underneath or a dress shirt. Underneath, they either wore dress pants or a professional looking pencil skirt. I personally wore a blazer, a fancy top (hate wearing dress shirts...makes me feel manly), and skinny black dress pants with heels.

Ahhh, thank you so, so much!! That's literally the outfit I bought, the one you described you wore! I still need heels, how high did you go? I know it's either 1 or 2 inch heels, right? Thanks again for all the info! It really helped :))

Ahhh, thank you so, so much!! That's literally the outfit I bought, the one you described you wore! I still need heels, how high did you go? I know it's either 1 or 2 inch heels, right? Thanks again for all the info! It really helped :))

I wore 2 inch heels, however, I highly recommend you wear the heels that you feel most comfortable in because you will be doing a lot of walking, up and down the stairs, as well as outside (during the tour of the campus). Glad I was of some help!

I've been accepted!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I fell in love with PBA when I went in for my interview. :) Good luck to everyone who still has an interview! I hope to see you guys next Fall!! Yay!!

I've been accepted!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I fell in love with PBA when I went in for my interview. :) Good luck to everyone who still has an interview! I hope to see you guys next Fall!! Yay!!

Congrats!!! I just had my interview today and I think it went pretty well (fingers crossed) but I loved it! Such a supportive atmosphere! Hopefully I hear back from them soon!

I applied on the last day and I just got a call and I found out I got an invitation for an interview on April 11th. I am not really nervous about the interview but I had no idea there was an assessment of any kind and I haven't taken a math course since my first year of college (in my third year now taking humanities).

The one thing I noticed about this school as opposed to others was how friendly the staff was and they seem to reply very quickly compared to other schools I have talked with.

I also want to go back to Florida (I used to live there) because I live in NJ and I hate the cold weather. Hopefully I get accepted there lol.

Last edited:
I applied on the last day and I just got a call and I found out I got an invitation for an interview on April 11th. I am not really nervous about the interview but I had no idea there was an assessment of any kind and I haven't taken a math course since my first year of college (in my third year now taking humanities).

The one thing I noticed about this school as opposed to others was how friendly the staff was and they seem to reply very quickly compared to other schools I have talked with.

I also want to go back to Florida (I used to live there) because I live in NJ and I hate the cold weather. Hopefully I get accepted there lol.

Congrats on the interview invite! I also applied on the last day (whoops) but still waiting to hear anything. You're right the staff there is very friendly and the campus is beautiful :) Good luck on the interview

Congrats!!! I just had my interview today and I think it went pretty well (fingers crossed) but I loved it! Such a supportive atmosphere! Hopefully I hear back from them soon!

Thanks! Hopefully you'll hear back from them soon! I'm sure you did great!

Don't worry! The personal assessment portion isn't like the exam from previous years. It's more of a survey! You'll do well!

Don't worry! The personal assessment portion isn't like the exam from previous years. It's more of a survey! You'll do well!
Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better considering I have a feeling I would embarrass myself if someone asked me to do calc again.

Congrats on the interview invite! I also applied on the last day (whoops) but still waiting to hear anything. You're right the staff there is very friendly and the campus is beautiful :) Good luck on the interview
I hadn't heard back from them for a bit and didn't even receive a confirmation email about my supplemental application until I called the school and spoke to Lucas. If you haven't called the admissions office and asked someone to check the status of your application I strongly advise you do that. I got the invitation for an interview roughly a week later.

Has anyone been able to find the facebook group for the students who have been accepted into GSOP's class of 2018? I cant seem to find it...

HELLO EVERYONE! I am so excited//happy, I received an interview for April 11 :]

Does anyone know if it was group or solo interviews and if it was open or closed file??

Thank you for your time!

Found out I got accepted a little while ago and now I just need to take biochem at Rutgers over the summer :)