Palm PDA T3 MP3 question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anthoncr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I picked am considering an expansion card for my Palm Tungsten T3 PDA so I can listen to MP3 music. Has anyone out there purchased the same combination that can give me an idea how long I can listen to music before the battery dies, (assuming it's fully charged at the start)?

Thank you,

Tony

-And I apologize if anyone considers this an abuse of the forum. I tried searching online to no avail. The Palm customer service, which has apparently been outsourced to another country, has not been able to understand my question.

Members don't see this ad.

anthoncr said:
I picked am considering an expansion card for my Palm Tungsten T3 PDA so I can listen to MP3 music. Has anyone out there purchased the same combination that can give me an idea how long I can listen to music before the battery dies, (assuming it's fully charged at the start)?

Thank you,

Tony

-And I apologize if anyone considers this an abuse of the forum. I tried searching online to no avail. The Palm customer service, which has apparently been outsourced to another country, has not been able to understand my question.
Hmmm...I have a T2, but they're kinda similar...I used mine as an MP3 player until my awesome brother got me an iPod :D

The included RealPlayer is pretty good, but you really should make sure that you select the option that makes it turn off the screen after a bit, that saves batteries (or it may blank the screen automatically). I used PocketTunes, which gives tons of options and I liked alot. The sound quality is impressive considering that it's not really meant to be a player, although the new Palms and PocketPCs are really incredible machines.

So for an estimate, I'll give you how mine worked out...I'd listen casually, a few min here and there, and saw very little change in battery life. I took it on a ride from Long Beach to the South Bay (LA area) - 45 min - and round trip it went from 100% to around 85% and that was using the built in speaker at a high volume.

I love my T2, it's a great machine and I use it all the time. As an audio player it was pretty damn nice, compared to the iPod it still measures up well considering it only has a 256 MB flash card.
Best of luck and enjoy!

oh and probably the best site/forum on the web for this stuff is www.brighthand.com, they've got reviews and a relatively active forum (compared to SDN it's a snail, but you'll get the info you need.)