Technology Palm Pilot

Started by golgi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

golgi

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, folks, I have decided to finally get a palm pilot (actually, I think I am being forced to get one but whatever)..question is what kind?

Best Buy says I can't go wrong with the Zire 72. What do you think?

Gracias...
 
golgi said:
Okay, folks, I have decided to finally get a palm pilot (actually, I think I am being forced to get one but whatever)..question is what kind?

Best Buy says I can't go wrong with the Zire 72. What do you think?

Gracias...

Well, it depends on what you want to do with it.

If you're just going to use it for phone book and calendar work, a Zire is fine. If you want to load medical software on it, you will most likely need to add a memory card - fortunately these are quite inexpensive now - you can get a 256 MB card for less than $50.

You should also get a case, screen protectors (film), and I like a larger stylus/pen.
 
Hi

For a PalmOS system I think either the Zire 72 or the Tungsten E are good choices. They are not the most sophisticated models, but should be able to do what you need.

lf