Panel Physician for Visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATP to ADP

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applying for the Australian student visa and were told to get an exam from a panel physician?

If you did it already, how much did the panel physician visit cost for you? I know it'll be different based on location, but I want to compare so I don't get scammed. Pretty sure my insurance won't cover any of it. I'm in the USA by the way (CA to be exact).

Members don't see this ad.

What a coincidence. I just had mine this morning. I paid 400 dollars. They took blood to check my status for HIV, Hep B, Hep C. Vision test, BP check, urine sample and chest x-ray to check for TB. Its all outlined on two immigration forms found online.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What a coincidence. I just had mine this morning. I paid 400 dollars. They took blood to check my status for HIV, Hep B, Hep C. Vision test, BP check, urine sample and chest x-ray to check for TB. Its all outlined on two immigration forms found online.
Thanks! This helps.

I'm going to the UQ-Ochsner program btw.

These are the two forms.

You can print them and fill them out ahead of time. I don't believe this service can be covered by insurance. I don't know for sure because I did not even ask I just paid out of pocket.

Which school are you planning on attending?

Don't bother with the paper versions it will take way way longer. If you've already filed for a visa, use the HAP ID they send you, otherwise Use "My Health declarations" can be found via google and on the immigration website.

Most clinics these days are completely electronic and if you go via the paper method it will be weeks instead of hours after all the results are back.