Step I Parasympathetics to the Kidneys..?

Started by NS3964
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NS3964

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ran into a question that stated "the kidneys are not under parasympathetic regulation."

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Does vagus/parasympathetic innervation to the kidneys only apply to the COMLEX?

I ran into a question that stated "the kidneys are not under parasympathetic regulation."

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Where did you see that the kidneys are under parasympathetic control?
 
It's fairly emphasized in osteopathic texts. As for a direct source, Savarese's OMT Review (the "green book") on page 105. I'm starting to think I should go with no parasympathetics for the USMLE.

Tbh I never learned anything about parasympathetic or lack-of-parasympathetic to the kidneys. Never gave it much thought either way and I don't think it would even show up on USMLE.