Parking at Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Asianqt79

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could explain how parking works at Downstate? I will be starting there in August =o)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Asianqt79:
•Hi I was wondering if anyone could explain how parking works at Downstate? I will be starting there in August =o)•

Hi Asianqt79: As far as I know, MS1 cannot park at the garage. However, parking elsewhere would be a problem. My interviewer told me basically either you take subway/bus or try to stay in dorm. Are you from Queens/Brooklyn? Are you going to Downstate? Just curious :)

SL

Only MS3s and MS4s who are doing rotations in University Hospital or the County can park in the SUNY garage across from the medical center (East 34th Street and Lenox Road).

MS1s and MS2s who want to park in the Beneficial Foundation Parking Lot between Winthrop Street and Parkside Avenue can put their names on a waiting list for a parking permit. Go to the Faculty-Student Association Office, Room 234 in the Student Center and sign up (but you need a SUNY box number). What you can do between now and getting your parking permit is pay for transient parking in the same office. I don't know what the procedure is, but you can ask the people in the same office mentioned above.

I would avoid street parking. It's inconvenient and, if it gets dark, you'd be wise not to venture to your automobile alone.

Good luck.

Hi guys, does anyone know when we will find out what the results of the lottery for the dorms at Downstate will come in?