part 1 new format discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalbug

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
let's start part 1 new format discussion. we need to keep in touch with each other to get the ideas and the material about it.Then we might get more confidence about the exam.IF everyone post their experience of the exam anf the level of difficulty compared to the previous format we can help each other. That's a good way to get inspiration from each other. If you all like this thread, we would discuss about part I here. I wanna take the exam but losing confidence. We might all need support from each other.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i know it's very depressing. I heard many students not getting enough score for the exam.

i know it's very depressing. I heard many students not getting enough score for the exam. I am concern about retaking and not getting better score. I already have score that is 87 but not getting admission and want to get this year anyways. If i get less than 87 then ADS would send the lesser score than this 87 score, right ? I am so stessed out.

DO not retake, everybody is getting in the same range ....... and 87 is good enough, ADA will report the latest score, be it lesser than or greater than the previous one, so its a gamble, instead study for part 2, that will be more helpful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Every one!
I joined sdn Today.nice to Hear from you!
I'm a dentist.I want to start my study for NDBE part 1 Soon.Like our friend Dentalbug ;I don't have any information about the new NDBE Part 1 format.
please help me if you know anything about it.thanks in advance.

Toothfriend
First of all try reading about NBDE p.1 here on the ADA site.

let's put the question for the doubts.

first of all 87 in part 1 is not bad score yes u face lot of competition with this score, but i know people who got admission with 86 or 87.
there r three basic requirement to get admission : part 1 score, GPA and Toefl.
Now different universities have different crieteria. I came to know that NYU require better GPA and Part 1, BU require better part 1 and toefl..

above all these ur CV can make a lot change.. i mean ur experience in dental field, other achievements etc...

try to get in some residency or other program instead of giving part 1 again.. there are certain program in NYU and UIC.....check with their website or call them...
best of luck and don't loose hope...:thumbup:

hey dentalbug,
u know I am in the same boat too...i have a score of 86,GPA 2.8 and TOEFL 270 and not getting into any school!!so was planning to retake and am studying but still no confidence to take the gamble...what if if the situation gets worse.I too have part-2 with 80 along with research.dental assisting experience in US and worked as a dentist back home.Pls pm me ur contact info so we can share the miserable situation of ours,..

hi endi20 .

From how many years you have been here in te USA? did you get any call from anywhere at least? from NYU?
You can send me messages . We will discuss together. Did you start studying?

hey ,
I am planning to give my part 1 in july. Can i be a part in these discussions too.