part 1 new format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hammoudeh71

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everybody

Can anyone tell me what had changed in the new format of nbde part 1? how is it different from the old one? did the material change or increase? i passed the exam in 2004 but i registered for a retake cuz most schools require 5 years validity (I scored 93, what a loss!)..so i need to know how different it became now

Members don't see this ad.

As off now nothing has changed wrt the pattern you still need to answer 400 questions and get 75 to pass the exam. Only that has changed is the number of times you take the exam. If you pass the exam there is no chance of writing the exam again to improve your score unlike earlier. hope this helps.

All the best for your exam.

hello everybody

Can anyone tell me what had changed in the new format of nbde part 1? how is it different from the old one? did the material change or increase? i passed the exam in 2004 but i registered for a retake cuz most schools require 5 years validity (I scored 93, what a loss!)..so i need to know how different it became now

Thanks alot for the reply, but i heard that there had been a new format for the exam sometime in 2006, and that the anticipated score after this date should be 3 to 4 marks less than before, how true is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi there ,

What does that mean ? :( If those who have already passed cannot retake the examination to improve the score, what should be the next step to get admission ? take Part 2 ? any idea ? plz help on this too .

thanks,
DD.

As off now nothing has changed wrt the pattern you still need to answer 400 questions and get 75 to pass the exam. Only that has changed is the number of times you take the exam. If you pass the exam there is no chance of writing the exam again to improve your score unlike earlier. hope this helps.

All the best for your exam.

dentodream yes, if u've already passed part 1 before, u cannot retake it again, it sticks with you for good. So maybe doing part 2 could be advantageous in case of uncompetitive scores in part one.Anyway I believe that most universities will decrease part 1 minimum requirement as with the new ADA rule. For example, i received an email from UOP few days ago saying that part 1 minimum requirement for acceptance has became 75 instead of 80 starting 2010.

hi hammoudeh ,

how dyu always have some sort of relief for me always , thank you so much for that piece of info:) . Yeah , I will then start with my Part 2 prep soon .

Good Luck to you hammoudeh :).

dentodream yes, if u've already passed part 1 before, u cannot retake it again, it sticks with you for good. So maybe doing part 2 could be advantageous in case of uncompetitive scores in part one.Anyway I believe that most universities will decrease part 1 minimum requirement as with the new ADA rule. For example, i received an email from UOP few days ago saying that part 1 minimum requirement for acceptance has became 75 instead of 80 starting 2010.