part 1 old question query

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tulaja

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello friends i have some question from L paper ie 2004 pilot,
can u please explain
Q202---?
230---i think all options r parasympathetic
235--why not option A?
329--why not B?
334--why not D?

please explain the question.n keep this thread alive by asking lots of question n ofcourse by explaing that.
i know this ll help all of us.yesterday i felt really soory when my examgoing friend asked me some of the que n i didn't know the explanation for that.

thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Perhaps typing out the questions will yield responses.

Sk8aBull hi,i hope this ll work n some one ll explain.atleast this one Q......:(
one of my sdn friend explained the other que,but i still have some confusion with this one que.
329-which of the following teeth has its mesial marginal ridge located more cervically than its distal marginal ridge?
A- mand 1st premolar
B -max 1st premolar
C- max 1st molar
D -primary mand 1st molar
E- mand 2nd molar
ANS is A.why not B????

Hi frens!

which gland is purely mucous?
Sublingual or Palatine....
i thot both were!

can someone explain pls!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi frens!

which gland is purely mucous?
Sublingual or Palatine....
i thot both were!

can someone explain pls!

The parotid gland is a classic example of a compound, acinar, serous, exocrine gland. Together, these terms pretty well describe everything significant about the tissue composition of the parotid gland. The parenchyma of the parotid consists exclusively of serous cells (no mucous cells).
All other salivary glands are mixed glands, containing both serous cells and mucous cells. The proportion of serous to mucous varies from gland to gland (and from sample to sample within a gland). The submandibular gland is mostly serous but it is mostly mixed. The sublingual glands are mostly mucous. Numerous minor salivary glands, both serous and mucous, are found throughout the oral mucosa, in lips, cheeks, palate, and tongue.

i hope this ll help.......

Q 202 - In globular proteins, tertiary interactions are frequently stabilized by the sequestration of hydrophobic amino acid residues in the protein core, from which water is excluded, and by the consequent enrichment of charged or hydrophilic residues on the protein's water-exposed surface to form the tertiary structure.
U can guess also that other choices are showing two categories of AA. Only one answer shows both of 1 category i.e. neutral and hydrophobic.

Q 230 just remember that 3 7 9 10 and sacral 2-4 spinal nerves contain parasympathetic fibres

Have u ever heard of dead space. Lets review the definition here

In physiology, dead space is air that is inhaled by the body in breathing, but does not partake in gas exchange. In adults, it is usually in the range of 150 ml

TYPES OD DEAD SPACE
Anatomical dead space

Anatomical dead space is the gas in the conducting areas of the respiratory system, such as the mouth and trachea, where the air doesn't come to the alveoli of the lungs.
It is normally about 150 mL (or 2.2 mL per kilogram of body weight). This is about a third of the resting tidal volume (450-500 mL).
Anatomic dead space is the volume of the conducting airways. It may be measured by Fowler's Method, a nitrogen washout technique.[3][4][5] It increases with an increase in tidal volume and is dependent on posture.

[edit] Physiologic dead space

The physiologic dead space is equal to the anatomic dead space plus the alveolar dead space.[6]
Alveolar dead space is the area in the alveoli that does get air to be exchanged, but there is not enough blood flowing through the capillaries for exchange to be effective.[7] It is normally very small (less than 5 mL) in healthy individuals. It can increase dramatically in some lung diseases.

Now u can get that air expired out gets mixed with this dead space air. It cant be same as venous blood where cells give CO2 to the blood. No chance of mixing with any new oxygen !

Marginal ridge- The wheelers under mand 1st premolar > mesial n distal aspect - says that mesial marginal ridge upon seeing from mesial aspect shows a downward inclination or slope ( buccal to lingual). This thing makes it look closer to cervical line. Distal marginal ridge is perpendicular to tooth long axis.

Hi ,yes i heard about all the questions i mentioned,i understand them,i studied those topisc .i think thats is why i was in confusion.
but thanks for the explainations..........i ll post u some more soon.:)
my biochem is bad,so thanks for 202 .even my friend told me about this.hope i ll remem ber this on the day of my exams.
yes i knew that 3,7,9,10, contain parasympathetic components,i was confused in components n fibers.

and iin235 they said the lowest partial pressure of O2
so i think it is expired air i knew its given in decks that that venous bl contain lowest O2 pressure ,but i still have some confusion for option A-expired air.

and thanks for 329-even my friend tried to expain this thing to me but i did not get it that time but now i understand the question,
thanks alot

hi friends

The striated ducts of the parotid gland are lined by which of the following types of epithelium?

a. simple cuboidal
b. simple squamous
c. simple columnar
d. stratified cuboidal
e. stratified squamous

i think the answer is a or c.
which is the answer and why?

hi
can any of you pls tell me where to get 2004 pilot exam questions
thanks

its answer is low simple collumnar and this is for striated duct of all salivary glands.

1 Infection with Histoplasma capsulatum in normal, healthy individuals is usually a:thumbdown:
a. dermatomycosis
b. opportunistic infection
c. rapidly spreading disease
d. self-limiting, benign disease
e. disease localized in the blood
is it B or D

2.Each of the following statements about lymphocyte activation is correct EXCEPT one. Which one is the EXCEPTION ?
a. Interleukin 5 is a D cell growth and differentiation factor
b. Interleukin 2 stimulates proliferation of T and B lymphocytes
c. B lymphocytes recognize antigen on the surface of antigen-presenting cells in the context of HLA-D molecules
d. T lymphocytes recognize antigen on the surface of antigen-presenting cells in the context of HLA-B molecules
i think the ans is A

3.Which of the following describes an example of innate immunity ?
a. An allergic reaction to insect venom
b. The classical pathway of complement
c. The destruction of virus-infected cells by T-killer cells
d. The production lgG in response to insect venom
e. The alternative pathway of complement

i think it E .becoz altenative pahtway is not antibody dependent.am i correct?

4. The epidemic of HIV-related disease bears major responsibility for the resurgence of which respiratory pathogen ?
a. Streptococcus pneumoniae
b. Hemophilus influenzae
c. Streptococcus pyogenes
d. Mycobacterium tuberculosis
e. Mycoplasma pneumoniae

hello friends,almost 500 views but not a single explaination.please help me out with these questions.

hey guys it would be really nice if someone could tell me where we could get the 2004 pilot exam from.... i'v been trying hard...
your help will be really appreciated.
thanks.