Part 1 passing score

Started by jbiter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jbiter

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone tell me what you need (before the curve) to pass part one? I understand you need a higher score for Tooth Anatomy and Occlusions, but what about the other subject areas? I am feeling anxious about Monday and would appreciate any opinions going in to the test-thanks

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON MONDAY JULY 15TH!!!😀
 
Anyone know what type of raw score you need to get a 90? Good luck on Monday!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What percentile would a 95 on NBDE I be? I didn't get that...I haven't even taking it yet...I just read a post about 95+ for specializing. Good luck to those taking it tomorrow.
 
national board score percentile
99 100
96 - 98 99.3
93-95 97.1
90-92 91.2
87-89 79.1
84-86 60.6
81-83 39.4
78-80 20.9
75-77 8.8
FAILING below 75 2.9
 
That looks pretty scary!

You actually have to score over a raw score of 90 to be about 90th percentile!!!! EEEEEK! 😱
 
Doggie - no, actually you don't need a raw score of 90. There are 100 questions. Up to 15% of those questions are experimental so they don't count. So depending on your raw score, they scale it upto a score out of 100. Then you take that score and see where it falls in the percentiles.
 
You probably only need a raw score of about 50 - 55 to get a scaled score of 75. Someone told me that around 24 points is added to a raw score to get the scaled score. I think that would be a good estimation.