jbiter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Status
Can someone tell me what you need (before the curve) to pass part one? I understand you need a higher score for Tooth Anatomy and Occlusions, but what about the other subject areas? I am feeling anxious about Monday and would appreciate any opinions going in to the test-thanks

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON MONDAY JULY 15TH!!!:D

gryffindor

15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Status
  1. Dentist
A classmate of mine called the ADA. They said historically, a raw score of 55 to 60 (out of 100) is scaled to a 75 (passing). That's all I know, take it as you want.

About the Ads

robf

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
What percentile would a 95 on NBDE I be? I didn't get that...I haven't even taking it yet...I just read a post about 95+ for specializing. Good luck to those taking it tomorrow.

gryffindor

15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Status
  1. Dentist
Doggie - no, actually you don't need a raw score of 90. There are 100 questions. Up to 15% of those questions are experimental so they don't count. So depending on your raw score, they scale it upto a score out of 100. Then you take that score and see where it falls in the percentiles.

Big_Poppa DDS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2001
Sault Ste. Marie
Visit site
Status
You probably only need a raw score of about 50 - 55 to get a scaled score of 75. Someone told me that around 24 points is added to a raw score to get the scaled score. I think that would be a good estimation.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads