Part 2 Questions: Doubts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
right ,smarty.

Members don't see this ad.

toothlord said:
regarding 1st question ,the supplemental dose is .25 mg. you can check it out in the dental decks in the age range between 6 months and 3 years when the water floridation is less than .3 you supplement the kid with .25 mg.

about the second question,serial extraction is indicate for class 1 malocclusion,there fore eventually you have to start orthodontic treatment,but not all cases require permanent 1st premolar extraction.
to answer the second question.in all cases of serial extarction some form of ortho treatment is necessary 'coz
1) to allign the crowded teeth
2)to close spaces from extraction of the teeth(i.e extracted dec canine,decd 1st molar and perm1st Pre molar).
However like toothlord said all serial extraction cases does not necessarily require eventual extraction of 1st pm.

In determining the caries rate for older adults, an epidemiologist usually uses the DMFT index, BECAUSE it can be difficult to ascertain why teeth are missing.

1 Both the statement and the reason are correct and related.
2 Both the statement and the reason are correct but NOT related.
3 The statement is correct, but the reason is NOT.
4 The statement is NOT correct, but the reason is accurate.
5 NEITHER the statement NOR the reason is correct.

ans: 1.

i would think it should be 2.

any explanations? thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
toothlord when are u taking the part 2? all the best. :luck:

toothmail said:
toothlord when are u taking the part 2? all the best. :luck:
iam sorry i couldent reply earlier because i was busy.
iam taking it at the beginning of May most commonly.

all the best toothlord!!! not too many days left!

come back and let us know how it went!

:luck:

Wishing you the very very best!!! :thumbup:

Do keep us all posted about how you did the exam...I'm planning to start studying for part 2 sometime soon...don't seem to get everything together yet. :D excuses excuses...i seem to be getting real good at them :D :D :D

Does anyone know the time alloted for each section in CBT....

Like 400 questions on the first day of exam are supposed to be answered in how much time...and how long is the break between two sections...??

Also, on the second day...how many case-based questions are asked and what is the time alloted for that...??

Thanks in advance,
Ritu

here are your answers....
How is the time distribution for the exam? Is it taken in two sessions...morning 200 questions to be answered in 3 1/2 hours...then 1 hour break....then in the evening another 200 questions answered in
3 1/2 hours???? Just want to confirm this...
you are absolutely correct! but you also have the option of:
1. taking as many breaks as possible in any given session, with the clock ticking ofcourse...the breaks wont really affect yoour time on the first day, so dont hesitate to take a break when you get bogged down...
2. in case you finish your 1st session much before 3.5hrs, you will still get only an hour break (can return early if 1hr is too much for you--if you dont return in an hour the comp will automatically start the test...)
i finished my 1st session in about 1 hour, took a break of half an hour and then took about 3rs for the second sesssion and came bck home by the afternoon..

And how many questions do we have to answer the second day...I mean how many case-based questions in how long???

you will be given about 8-10 cases (can differ) and a maximum of 100 questions.this will take 3.5 hrs asuming the time taken to read the radiographs and photographs...
all the best.