Part 3 CSE video review

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So I recently took the CSE and I genuinely came out expecting to have passed, but I failed (100F).
My content scores were: Comm. Skills: 77, Aff. Skills: 99, Psychomotor sklz: 41, Clinical observation; 44.
For individual stations: 1:276.67 / 348.55, 2:235.16 / 300.17, 3: 172.25 / 191.57, 4: 55.44 / 159.71.

I have no idea why I failed station 4 so bad, when I was performing it, I was mostly worried about station 3, not 4. They did have trouble seeing the video through my camera at first, even though I had clear visuals, but they stated that they did have visuals at the 3rd attempt. I had no idea how to fix for them to have a view, so I made sure to state all findings out loud just incase.

The reason I'm posting here is because, would you suggest my paying the $450 for a video review? I know I am competent with BIO and 90 ( I failed heavily on both sections here, even though I had good visuals).

I was just so upset. Even if they do review, does anyone know what their criteria is for re reviewing?
Anyone have any experience with this? I feel like the camera issues is something they need to make sure of, not us.

Members don't see this ad.

You can do video review but don't expect your grade to change to a passing one with the appeal. Sometimes they write notes down on where you went wrong so that can be beneficial to you to help you improve but it's not guaranteed they will do that. Even if you got the best views, it doesn't matter if they don't see anything.

I hope I'm replying to this in time before your next Part 3 date. I paid for a review for Part 3. It did not result in a change in my score (275 overall). However, they did send me about 1-2 specific suggestions/mistakes I made per station. I especially practiced those suggestions for my 2nd time around and I passed with a 504. So even though the review will probably not improve your score, it might help you whenever you go to Charlotte next. I just wanted to share that although the review did not directly bring my score up to passing, it definitely helped me pass the following time. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope I'm replying to this in time before your next Part 3 date. I paid for a review for Part 3. It did not result in a change in my score (275 overall). However, they did send me about 1-2 specific suggestions/mistakes I made per station. I especially practiced those suggestions for my 2nd time around and I passed with a 504. So even though the review will probably not improve your score, it might help you whenever you go to Charlotte next. I just wanted to share that although the review did not directly bring my score up to passing, it definitely helped me pass the following time. Good luck!
Hi, when you pay $450 for the vdo review can you please share if the feedback was like a paragraph or a sentence? NBEO told me "The purpose is a rescore. You would be requesting us to regrade your exam because you feel is was graded incorrectly. Our website does not state that the purpose is to gain insight on what you did wrong." Any suggestion on what to tell them ? b/c I really want to get some feedback

Hi, when you pay $450 for the vdo review can you please share if the feedback was like a paragraph or a sentence? NBEO told me "The purpose is a rescore. You would be requesting us to regrade your exam because you feel is was graded incorrectly. Our website does not state that the purpose is to gain insight on what you did wrong." Any suggestion on what to tell them ? b/c I really want to get some feedback
Sorry for the delayed response. I got a few comments from NBEO in my "appeal". They separated the various stations and very briefly explained what I did wrong. For example, in Station 1 they wrote "candidate did not perform swinging light test during pupil examination". (I don't remember exactly what they wrote but it was along those lines). Or for the BIO skill they wrote "poor view during fundus examination with BIO". It's not detailed explanations but it's better than nothing. For me I can say it was worth paying $450 for the appeal since I got those few comments and I passed Part 3 my 2nd time. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I’m sorry you had to go through this . I’m in the process of taking my part 3 . Did you take yours already ? , if not I live in MI and I’m looking for someone to practice with , do you or know someone live in MI

I’m sorry you had to go through this . I’m in the process of taking my part 3 . Did you take yours already ? , if not I live in MI and I’m looking for someone to practice with , do you or know someone live in MI
Or
I’m sorry you had to go through this . I’m in the process of taking my part 3 . Did you take yours already ? , if not I live in MI and I’m looking for someone to practice with , do you or know someone live in