You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Part I exam question
Started by cattooth
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thanks Cattooth for sharing.cattooth said:Hi all,
I remembered one of the Part I questions on my exam. Which one is the essential fatty acid(EFA)? I do not recall the list of choices given. But, I never heard of EFA but aminod acid. I was not dreaming, does anyone have a clue?
Thanks,
I never heard it neither.
As far as I know Fats are saturate and nonsaturated.
hmm.. good fatty acids like omega 3 fatty acid or linolenic acid are essential
mam6701e said:thanks Cattooth for sharing.
I never heard it neither.
As far as I know Fats are saturate and nonsaturated.
cattooth said:Hi all,
I remembered one of the Part I questions on my exam. Which one is the essential fatty acid(EFA)? I do not recall the list of choices given. But, I never heard of EFA but aminod acid. I was not dreaming, does anyone have a clue?
Thanks,
omega-3 fatty acid (alpha-linolenic acid) -- Most essential (modern health terminology) &
omega-6 (linoleic acid)
These two fatty acids cannot be synthesised by humans, as humans lack the desaturase enzymes required for their production. They form the starting point for the creation of longer and more desaturated fatty acids, which are also referred to as long-chain polyunsaturates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rahmed said:omega-3 fatty acid (alpha-linolenic acid) -- Most essential (modern health terminology) &
omega-6 (linoleic acid)
These two fatty acids cannot be synthesised by humans, as humans lack the desaturase enzymes required for their production. They form the starting point for the creation of longer and more desaturated fatty acids, which are also referred to as long-chain polyunsaturates:
Thanks for clarification , I chosed Linoleic acid because I had no clue...
mam6701e said:thanks Cattooth for sharing.
I never heard it neither.
As far as I know Fats are saturate and nonsaturated.
It's their in Lippincott's Biochemistry book.
rahmed said:It's their in Lippincott's Biochemistry book.
It's in KAPLAN as well. 🙂
u r right. They are in Kaplan book. I only read half of Kaplan, half of Dental Decks and went over once of all released papers. I could not remember all the things I just did once 🙁 . I scored 84 but I want to re-take it in August.g3k said:It's in KAPLAN as well. 🙂
Another question--
2.5 and 3 years after tooth eruption(permanent teeth), what percentage of calcification are completed.
20
50
75
100
cattooth said:u r right. They are in Kaplan book. I only read half of Kaplan, half of Dental Decks and went over once of all released papers. I could not remember all the things I just did once 🙁 . I scored 84 but I want to re-take it in August.
Another question--
2.5 and 3 years after tooth eruption(permanent teeth), what percentage of calcification are completed.
20
50
75
100
I thought everything is completed after 3 years, so I'd guess 100.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 708