Part I group study!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
shlo said:
Hey people
I guess I'm the first one among those studying for nbde part 1 posting in this thread........anyways anybody else interested in studying or discussing together please leme know.....bye

plz include me in ur group [email protected]

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

anyone in maryland intersted in studying together????

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi every one,
Count me for group study too. my email is [email protected]
I have been searching the web once in a while but now i have been able to use the tools in it .....Being dome...I am preparing for july part 1 for the first time...

Hi everybody. I am new to this group and i am planning to take the part 1 exam in June. I was looking for recent materials. I would appreciate if anybody could help me with this. Also i would like to join the study group.

hihi everyone, there is a question for everyone......patient cant protrude tongue towards left side and has a right side spastic paralysis,where is the lesion?answer is left medulla,CN12.CAN SOMONE PLEASE EXPLAIN IT????

ALLOF US should discuss qs pertaining to part 1 here, so that we have more brains worknig on it and get more correct answers, lets keep our posts minimal and relevant and instead of emailing eachother, let us study here, post qs HERE and you will get answers faster.......and all of us keep in touch...AND LET US POST THE QS IN A DIFF COLOR SO THAT ANYONE CNA SPOT IT FASTER AND ANSWER IT FASTER, REST ALL THE CHATTING SHOULD BE IN BLACK......LETS FOLLOW IT AND SEE RESULTS...

ANOTHER QS,IV pyelogram with right ureter dilated, where is the obstruction and what is the cause?answer is ureterovesicular junction, stone,PLEASE EXPLAIN

Improving Concentration

Good concentration is essential for efficient study. How you use your time when studying is as important as how much time you spend. Here are some strategies to help you improve your concentration and get the most out of your study time.

Increase concentration with active study strategies

Set time limits when you study. Divide big assignments or tasks into smaller units and set time goals for each. q Plan breaks. Find out your optimal period of concentration and don't exceed it. Most people need a break after 45-55 minutes of study reading or after 2 hours of doing problems. But if your concentration span is not that long, plan to work within your comfort limits.
Keep active mentally. Carry on an inner conversation with yourself or, better still, talk out loud! Summarize the main points in a section of the textbook that you just read, summarize the steps in the problem you just solved, test yourself on the notes that you just reviewed, etc.
Be active physically. Use body movements to increase your concentration. Move your finger or pencil down the margin as you read, draw diagrams or sketches of key ideas in the margin or on a pad, walk around as you rehearse ideas, wave your arms to emphasize important points.
Vary your study activity and subject focus. Read for a while, then go over some notes, and then brainstorm some ideas for a paper or assignment. When you feel your concentration is beginning to lag, take a break and then switch to another subject. Concentration is highest at the beginning of every new activity.
Monitor your concentration. Record a checkmark every time you find your mind wandering. This will give you a way to check whether your attention span is improving.
Set up a way to test what you have learned at the end of each study session. Try to summarize main ideas or do problems without looking at your notes. Make yourself accountable for learning and remembering.
Improve concentration by increasing commitment.

Plan to concentrate. Set a specific goal to get a certain amount of work done within a specific time.
Get interested in what you are studying. Concentrating is much easier when you genuinely want to know something. Increase your interest and motivation by previewing before you read, relating information to your own experience, making up your own examples, asking questions and looking for answers.
Find a study partner or join a study group. Sharing ideas about the course will help you learn the material and at the same time motivate you to keep up with your work. You can also divide up heavy workloads so that each person does a part (solves several problems or reads several articles) and then teaches the others what he/she learned.
Eliminate external distractions

Avoid external distractions by selecting a place to study where you will not be interrupted, where you are relatively free of distractions around you, and where the level of background noise enables you to work.
Ignore distracting sights and sounds. Refuse to look up or give them any attention.
Arrange uninterrupted time. Notify family or friends of the times that you will be free to devote to them and the times when you do not wish to be disturbed from your study.
Eliminate internal distractions

Eat, sleep and exercise adequately.
Deal with nagging worries. If you can solve the problem by taking a few minutes away from your studying, do it and then come back. If the problem cannot be dealt with easily and immediately, jot down the essence of the problem, even possible solutions, and set a time later on when you plan to deal with it, physically or mentally.
Keep a notepad nearby. If you suddenly think of something important that is unrelated to your study, make a note of it, then put it out of your mind and come back to it later.
if you came out for a webside for this let us kwon//////////////////va

hi all
looks like this thread is picking up now............i am too giving part 1 in june .......hope we can share the info we have..........especially about the decks.........are 2006 decks imp and where to get them from?plz help........how to study biochem......

dentist79 said:
hi all
looks like this thread is picking up now............i am too giving part 1 in june .......hope we can share the info we have..........especially about the decks.........are 2006 decks imp and where to get them from?plz help........how to study biochem......
2006 dental desk you can call on no 18004577126 and they will guide u to order dd and biochem it is better to read kaplan with lipincot where ever needed.

shlo said:
Hey people
I guess I'm the first one among those studying for nbde part 1 posting in this thread........anyways anybody else interested in studying or discussing together please leme know.....bye
Hi i am new to the forum and am interested in the study group
as well ....count me in.. I m studying for step 1.. or should say am starting now.

Members don't see this ad :)
pendejodo said:
Improving Concentration

Good concentration is essential for efficient study. How you use your time when studying is as important as how much time you spend. Here are some strategies to help you improve your concentration and get the most out of your study time.

Increase concentration with active study strategies

Set time limits when you study. Divide big assignments or tasks into smaller units and set time goals for each. q Plan breaks. Find out your optimal period of concentration and don't exceed it. Most people need a break after 45-55 minutes of study reading or after 2 hours of doing problems. But if your concentration span is not that long, plan to work within your comfort limits.
Keep active mentally. Carry on an inner conversation with yourself or, better still, talk out loud! Summarize the main points in a section of the textbook that you just read, summarize the steps in the problem you just solved, test yourself on the notes that you just reviewed, etc.
Be active physically. Use body movements to increase your concentration. Move your finger or pencil down the margin as you read, draw diagrams or sketches of key ideas in the margin or on a pad, walk around as you rehearse ideas, wave your arms to emphasize important points.
Vary your study activity and subject focus. Read for a while, then go over some notes, and then brainstorm some ideas for a paper or assignment. When you feel your concentration is beginning to lag, take a break and then switch to another subject. Concentration is highest at the beginning of every new activity.
Monitor your concentration. Record a checkmark every time you find your mind wandering. This will give you a way to check whether your attention span is improving.
Set up a way to test what you have learned at the end of each study session. Try to summarize main ideas or do problems without looking at your notes. Make yourself accountable for learning and remembering.
Improve concentration by increasing commitment.

Plan to concentrate. Set a specific goal to get a certain amount of work done within a specific time.
Get interested in what you are studying. Concentrating is much easier when you genuinely want to know something. Increase your interest and motivation by previewing before you read, relating information to your own experience, making up your own examples, asking questions and looking for answers.
Find a study partner or join a study group. Sharing ideas about the course will help you learn the material and at the same time motivate you to keep up with your work. You can also divide up heavy workloads so that each person does a part (solves several problems or reads several articles) and then teaches the others what he/she learned.
Eliminate external distractions

Avoid external distractions by selecting a place to study where you will not be interrupted, where you are relatively free of distractions around you, and where the level of background noise enables you to work.
Ignore distracting sights and sounds. Refuse to look up or give them any attention.
Arrange uninterrupted time. Notify family or friends of the times that you will be free to devote to them and the times when you do not wish to be disturbed from your study.
Eliminate internal distractions

Eat, sleep and exercise adequately.
Deal with nagging worries. If you can solve the problem by taking a few minutes away from your studying, do it and then come back. If the problem cannot be dealt with easily and immediately, jot down the essence of the problem, even possible solutions, and set a time later on when you plan to deal with it, physically or mentally.
Keep a notepad nearby. If you suddenly think of something important that is unrelated to your study, make a note of it, then put it out of your mind and come back to it later.
if you came out for a webside for this let us kwon//////////////////va

very good article ..inspired me a lot...upto now ..i was down w/ no motivation for the prep'n & so on...
i'm starting the prep 4 part 1..good luck to all

Hi everybody. I am from India and have just started my preparation for NBDE, I am looking for a study partmer or a group and we can always take this further thru skpe, emails etc. So please reply soon.

anyone there from tamilnadu india

hey shraddha...r u retakin the exam...whats ur paln...i too scored 87..had given it in oct.. nd retakin it next mnth...pl pm me ur phone no o email add...need to talk...
thanks..
treattothetooth

i am interested in studying with somebody any body interesed poease let me know
:thumbup:

hi, everybody this is the first time iever visited this link i think this is a wonderful source of bradening your horizons i am LOOKING FOR A STUDY PARTNER FOR NBDE PART-1prep any one intersted please let me know

GLUMMA said:
hi, everybody this is the first time iever visited this link i think this is a wonderful source of bradening your horizons i am LOOKING FOR A STUDY PARTNER FOR NBDE PART-1prep any one intersted please let me know

Hi, me too
Im taking part 1 on aug 2 and desperately need a study partner.......
r u looking for an online study partner or otherwise? Im located in Mississauga, Canada......what about u?

ladentiste said:
Hi, me too
Im taking part 1 on aug 2 and desperately need a study partner.......
r u looking for an online study partner or otherwise? Im located in Mississauga, Canada......what about u?

Hi

Looking for a study partner for Part 1 in mississauga,Ontario, Canada.....
neone interested?

ladentiste said:
Hi

Looking for a study partner for Part 1 in mississauga,Ontario, Canada.....
neone interested?

Looking for study partner in bayarea california planning to give exam in dec . Please reply if anyone intrested.

Sady

Looking for study partner in bayarea california planning to give exam in dec . Please reply if anyone intrested.

Sady

GLUMMA said:

Glumma when are you planning to give your part 1 i just started studying this month a week ago i am doing anatomy.
You can pm me at [email protected]. Where are you located?

Sady

BDS-DMD said:
Please discuss the stuff here so that others can also refer to the posts and benefit.

Thanks.
hi i am new to this group and woulg like any of you people to give advice on studying in a systamatis maner i am planning to gine my test in nov. i have decs kaplan and some previous papers coul any one help pls contribute :eek: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Hi ,I saw your thread today .
Good to know that you are from CT ,Im too from Hartford CT.
Im giving my Part 1 in Nov 2006.
I would like to join your study group ,Im starting anatomy today.
I can call u if you want ,My real name is Sangeeta ,From Bangalore,but maharastrian.
Send me your contact info ,we could start studying soon.

Bye.

i also believe in combine studies so plsssss count me in...
pink tooth :p

hi there
i would love to b group member

my address is
[email protected]

n somone plz tell me how to post replies ... not good at it

n listen i am planning to give it in june 07 wat bout u all???

keep me in touch!

hi sangeeta
i am an indian girl too. planning to take the exam almost the same time..i stay close to ct..would like to start a study group..if u want too mail me on my id [email protected]..
thanks

Hi,
I guess this thread is for discussing questions& doubts too.I have a doubt in decks 07[phy-bio].
1.In it it says Albumin is the smallest protein,is that true?I thought it is large so that it won't get filtered.
2.Which is fluid phase of coagulated blood?Serum or plasma?Can anybody explain the difference?
3.Does Hb combine with 4 or 8 Oxygen molecules?I thought it was 4,but in the decks it says it combines with 4 diatomic oxy to form 8 oxygen .I don't understand this.
Hope anybody preparing for part 1 can help me with this,I greatly appreciate ur help. :confused:
Thanks
toothomania

2.Which is fluid phase of coagulated blood?Serum or plasma?Can anybody explain the difference?

they have asked fluid phase of coagulated blood. plasma is not a fliud form in coagulated blood.rt?

drsans said:
Hi ,I saw your thread today .
Good to know that you are from CT ,Im too from Hartford CT.
Im giving my Part 1 in Nov 2006.
I would like to join your study group ,Im starting anatomy today.
I can call u if you want ,My real name is Sangeeta ,From Bangalore,but maharastrian.
Send me your contact info ,we could start studying soon.

Bye.
Hi,

Iam from Mumbai . Hey , can u share what all books and notes ur studying.I think I shd ask my parents to courier me my BDS books.

BDS-DMD said:
natdrea
10+ Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, all these months preparation is over, I took my cbt yesterday, it was tough, for me there were very very very few repeats, dental decks and asda papers wont do it, i believe you guys better go through Kaplan, my friend who took the test with me said the same thing. We felt that there was nothing that came out from our review. Anyway, here are some questions from my and my friends tests yesterday, hope it will help those who are going to take the exam soom.

Anatomical sciences - alot of muscles - upper / lower extremities, thorax, muscles of mastication, facial expresssion its origin insertion and origin,
- nerves ----- not only cranial nerves but also nerves from the abnomen, you guys have to know by heart the BRANCHES
- cardiovascular - circle of willis, arteries - branches, veins - branches
- ganglion. --- otic, ciliary, semilunar.....

Biochemistry - Physiology - this was TOUGH , lots of questions on glucolysis, gluconeogenesis, lipolysis, metabolism. Know your enzymes, hormones, i had questions on 2nd messenger of a several hormones, which i have no idea with

Microbiology - Pathology - my friend's test has alot of virus questions, but in my test i had tons of fungi and parasites. mesothelioma, burkitts, huchtingonts, carcinoma, sarcoma....

Dental Anatomy and Occlusions - in my exam there were only 2 diagrams for tooth morphology, and 1 diagram on poselt's , but in my friends exam, there were alot of non working, working diagrams, and she told me she had 1 diagram on poselt's as well, very little tooth histology came out, but you have to know the basics.

With regards to the format, and time in taking the test, I didnt really have problem with TIME, and there are 1 am session and 1 pm session, you can choose which subject you want in 1 session, what i did was i skipped micro first , and went directly to dental anatomy, after each session, there is this "REVIEW" botton on the lower right corner, you can just click on that and do the micro.

Ok guys, its time for me to wiat for my results, i honestly think i didnt do good, but i know i did my share of studying, so whatever result comes out, i will take it with an open heart.. I hope what i wrote helped, and for all those who are going to take the exam, I wish you good luck and all the best.

happy holidays everyone. and God bless.
GUD LUCK WITH YOUR RESULTS1 thanks for the suggestive tips!
pink tooth

GLUMMA said:
humbup:
Hi GLUMMA,
Iam planning to give part 1 in december .i am intrested in studying together.u can email me to [email protected]
All the best , bye.

I am a international dentist.I have done my BDS in India.I am in california.I like to have some friends to join me in studying for NBDE part 1 exams.Anybody interested can contact me in [email protected]
Thanks

sreeja said:
I am a international dentist.I have done my BDS in India.I am in california.I like to have some friends to join me in studying for NBDE part 1 exams.Anybody interested can contact me in [email protected]
Thanks
sreeja even i am preparing and searching for a study partner.

Sady said:

Sady
Hello, i am interested in forming a study group/finding a studying buddy- can you email me [email protected]? let me know asap

sweet1 said:
hi count me tooo.
even i am planning to give exams by the end of may , are u guys giving computer base test .

Hi, i am very interested in forming a study group for NBDE1. please email me [email protected] asap if you are interested.

Hello frenz
I am planning to take the exam in october, and i have beeen studying the decks since last 5 months,
I have been reading decks 2001 edition,Recently i heard from someone that there's is a lot of difference between the decks of '01 and the latest '07
So frenz shuld i buy the latest edition of decks or shouli i stick around to wat i've been reading.
plz help me frenz by replying soon
Thanks in advance

I need to know the answers of some questions below.

1. Pt. gets a full denture n come back after a few days with burning over the anterior region.what is the reason for the burning?

2. if mand canine on the right side is lost,how does it affects protrusive contacts on the left canine?

3. infection from sagittal sinus drains into?

4. falciform ligament arises from ligamentum teres..which in turn arises from?

5. what structure causes buccal vestibule to increase in size when the jaw is opened wide?

6.bactera that causes green pus?

jsvlad, swetha_dentist, sreeja
i am planning to give my part 1 by december so if i can be in plzz contact me ..
thankz a lot !!
cheers