Part time jail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heysexylady

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been offered $125/hr to work part time (15 hrs per week) for a local jail system in NJ. It's affiliated with CFG. They have been vague on the amount of patients that I will be seeing except to say it's low acuity population. I Want to ask for at least 170 but I haven't seen that being offered in NJ. Most places are $1500 to $2000 per 24 hr shift.

What I am asking is this a fair offer? Malpractice is included.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are an ARNP, then that's a good rate.

Psychiatrist, I'd pass unless you really really want to work this job.

What are the details of the liability insurance? This is something that needs to be looked at more closely. Others on here have pointed out how jails/prisons have no qualms of selling out the individual (you) if things go bad because of their underfunding/understaffing issues. And as you can tell by their offer, they are already off to a bad start with underpaying.
Will they page you on your none working days?
How do they manage withdrawal? Who starts the withdrawal orders on your non-working days?

Reactions: 1 users
If you are an ARNP, then that's a good rate.

Psychiatrist, I'd pass unless you really really want to work this job.

What are the details of the liability insurance? This is something that needs to be looked at more closely. Others on here have pointed out how jails/prisons have no qualms of selling out the individual (you) if things go bad because of their underfunding/understaffing issues. And as you can tell by their offer, they are already off to a bad start with underpaying.
Will they page you on your none working days?
How do they manage withdrawal? Who starts the withdrawal orders on your non-working days?

Is there a such thing as hazard pay for working in the prison? I asked the recruiter about it and her response was malpractice is included.

Tbh I don't need the job.