Part-time MBA in Manhattan during residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugababe81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and have gone through some of the threads. I'm starting my Radiology residency in Manhattan and sometime in the next 4 yrs, I have started to tihnk about doing my MBA part-time. Does anyone know if this would be possible and if so, some programs in manhattan that I should look up?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.healthcaremba.org/program.html

"The MBA in Health Care Administration is an accelerated, executive- style, part-time program with a trimester schedule that enables students to complete the degree in three years. Each trimester, students take two courses for a total of six courses per year. The academic year begins in September and runs through mid-June. Classes are scheduled every Tuesday and Thursday evening. A Total of 57 credit hours are required to complete the program"

sugababe81 said:
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and have gone through some of the threads. I'm starting my Radiology residency in Manhattan and sometime in the next 4 yrs, I have started to tihnk about doing my MBA part-time. Does anyone know if this would be possible and if so, some programs in manhattan that I should look up?

Thanks!

In addition to the above poster's suggestion, I know NYU has a part time MBA program as well; not sure about columbia. But realistically are you going to have evenings off (usually starting in the early evenings) regularly during your residency so that you can make it to classes and also have time to do assignments? Any sort of MBA program that is going to be worth anything is going to require quite a bit of your time. I think unless your residency program makes an allowance for it, you are going to have a really tough time squeezing it in simultaneously.

This is the obvious question:

Why do you want to do a p/t MBA? What are your career goals? Don't you require permission from your residency director to do this?