Part-time Pharmacists?

Started by james07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

james07

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just curious to know how much do part time Pharmacist earn approximately? particulary in a retail setting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This idea is fantastic. I could learn architecture while working as a pharmacist. :laugh: It'd be great to fit 2 careers into one life time and achieve a lot in both of them.
 
yeah you can make a lot as a temp/PT pharmacist. I've seen hourly rates at or slightly above normal FT workers depending on the employer. You can (usually) say goodbye to any 401k matches, health insurance, etc... but if you have a spouse that can provide the insurance via their employer, you are good to go.

Just don't loaf around at home, then that would be a waste. Your spouse just might get mad, unless you're taking care of kids or something.

Also, it really depends on the employer...I worked temp/PT and actually got health benefits at one of my old jobs before rx school.